AFGHANISTAN - REMEMBER? THE REAL WAR ON TERROR?

October 19th, 2005 | by Jersey McJones |

Well, things are moving along swimmingly on the Afghan Front of the war on terror.  We’ve managed to secure Kabul, a little, and Kandahar, a little less.

And, well… er, uh, that’s about it.  What’s it been?  Four years?  (We beat Hitler in three).  Meanwhile, "President" Bush and the Bushettes have missed the opportunity to shore up Muslim/Western relations with their half-hearted effort to save the day in earthquake ravaged Northern Pakistan (380 troops? Is that all they could scrape together from Afghanistan?

No wonder they haven’t found Osama! No wonder Afghanistan is yet another total failure!).  So, it’s Al Qaeda to the rescue in yet another example of Right Wing incompetence begetting the strenthening of terrorists and their causes.  Elections, (at least that’s what they called them), in Afghanistan have brought Taliban and Warlords back to the political fore.  Isn’t that great!  Boy, I sure feel safer now!!!

If the Bushies were any less competent, they’d have a trail of their own feces following them wherever they go.

1. 16 Responses to “AFGHANISTAN - REMEMBER? THE REAL WAR ON TERROR?”

2. By The Bastard on Oct 19, 2005 | Reply

Oh crap!!! Afghanistan, I put it on slow simmer and totally forgot about it, could you take it off the burner for me?

It should be done by now, crap I hate when I do that!

-George W. Bush commenting on the new Martha Stewart show

3. By Treason on Oct 19, 2005 | Reply

Jersey,

Russia got there ass handed to them against Afghanistan now didn’t they? What have we done against Afghanistan! That’s right, you can shut your pie hole now.

Pakistan can go fuck themselves along with all these other third world Nations as far as relief goes!

4. By The Bastard on Oct 19, 2005 | Reply

Yeah, third world countries like New Orleans can go fuck themselves!!!!!! I got your back Treason!

5. By Treason on Oct 19, 2005 | Reply

Bastard, did I say our own country? No, I didn’t. Stop the spin like you fuckers always like to do! N.O. didn’t turn out to be half as bad as your fucking liberal press LIED about with half truths. Bag it!

6. By Jersey McJones on Oct 19, 2005 | Reply

The Russians softened them up for us. Where’s our excuse?

Actually Treason, I remember the Russian experience in Afghanistan. Like Iraq of today, Russia went in with too few soldiers to do the job, captured the main cities but little else, and then got caught up in a US backed insurgency that went on until the the Soviets ran out of political impetus to continue. Ironically, as usual, everything cons believe in is proved failure here again, as the US backed insurgents became the Taliban and AL Qaeda which Russia ostensibly had been fighting to surpress in the first place.

Cons don’t learn well.

7. By steve on Oct 19, 2005 | Reply

Yeah we defeated Germany in three years but we had France’s help, well.. sort of… Hey were the French in WWII?

Meanwhile, I like how Jersey is the military expert now and has that firm grasp on American Intelligence. You go girl, lead us to the promised land. Tell us how you really feel.

Notice the side bar now has two posts referring to Hitler now…

Eagerly waiting Bastards post on Delay getting a warrant. Somehow that will be related to Hitler in some way too…

8. By Jimmy on Oct 19, 2005 | Reply

Criminey- all that anybody does here is twist every debate into a personal attack.

9. By steve on Oct 19, 2005 | Reply

Jimmy:

Welcome to the show!!

10. By The Bastard on Oct 19, 2005 | Reply

Umm, Steve, go back to history class!!! Regardless of the usual bullshit out there about the french, you’d still be speaking proper English if it wasn’t for them! And secondly why don’t you atart distancing yourself from the rest of the ultra right controlling the country? Most of your fellow moderates won’t even take photo ops with Bush anymore. Or are you not a moderate? If your not, I’ll take the kids gloves off because I thought you were just misguided.

11. By steve on Oct 19, 2005 | Reply

Abortion sucks
    The Death Penalty sucks
    Gun Control Sucks
    The ACLU Sucks
    Gay Marriage sucks
    Hillary Clinton sucks
    Border Control sucks (seriously)
    Socialism really sucks
    The concept of Universal Health Care SUCKS!!!

Rock Music is awesome
    Classical Music is awesome
    Rap Music sucks (Except for the Beasties)
    Country is ok
    God is awesome
    Jehovah Witnesses really suck
    Liberals suck
    Racism really sucks
    Discrimination in any form really sucks

I believe in killing terrorists and those that oppose the America’s freedoms abroad with hostile intentions.

Baseball is ok
    Football is ok
    The Sacramento Kings Rule
    Basketball is awesome

My favorite things to do are:

Play my guitar and record music.
    Driving, racing and restoring my Porsche
    Working on my old house
    My job
    Questioning authority

Being a millionaire is my only goal in life. I want to retire at 43.

I am happily married and yes we will reproduce and we vote Republican. Our families are mostly Republicans except for my brother and my mother and my sister in law. All my friends are Democrats and are quite a melting pot.

So Bastard, sift through all that and figure out why I say what I do.

12. By The Bastard on Oct 19, 2005 | Reply

Don’t have to sift through it because you summed it all up right here,

I am happily married and yes we will reproduce and we vote Republican.

And contradicted yourself here,

Questioning authority

If you always vote Republican than you are obviously not questioning authority.

Wish you luck on being a millionaire. Really. But the odds are stacked against you. Because when the top one percent in the country control 70+ percent of the wealth it’s kinda hard to turn the page when you have a jack boot standing on your throat!

You see wealth is not an infinite number, they have to get their money from some where and slowly but surely it’s coming from people like you and me.

That’s what the bankruptcy bill did, it just swallowed a new section of this country and with it middle class will cease to exist in the future.

13. By Jersey McJones on Oct 20, 2005 | Reply

Steve, you play music???

14. By steve on Oct 20, 2005 | Reply

Bastard:

I question authority everyday whether its my boss, my wife, my parents, (and yes I still have enough respect for my parents to question their advice, before I take it)the local neighborhood association and their liberal ways of NOT thinking the value of a home is important, and Jehovah Witnesses who incessantly knock on my door every Saturday because the First Amendment gives them the right to do so.(I swear to God I am going to wave a crucifix at them next week) Voting Republican and questioning authority are no where even close to the same thing. Questioning authority for example could be like asking a guy who nominated himself to be a ref in a pick up basketball game down the street at the park, who nominated him. I hate those guys who call fouls, foul everyone when they have the ball and then wonder why everyone thinks they fouled. (Seriously, that’s life right there) I recently piled the front row at a Green Day concert in Sacramento. I don’t really give a shit about their quasi-impromptu-political message, I’d rather hear them tell the crowd to get out and vote than jam a “I hate Bush” message down our throats but at least they have some spirit. I questioned the landscape company working in my yard for assuming what’s in my contract with them instead of actually freaking reading it. Life can be a total farce sometimes so I question what some people in authority are doing to me.

Jersey:

Read my blog sometimes, I talk about music and guitars a lot. Know the people that oppose you and you’ll feel much better.

15. By Jersey McJones on Oct 20, 2005 | Reply

Oh, okay. I’ll do that!

16. By unknown on Nov 15, 2005 | Reply

Jehovah’s Witnesses—Who Are They? What Do They Believe?

Who Are They?

They are
    interested in you
    IT IS the desire of Jehovah’s Witnesses that you become better acquainted with them. You may have met them as neighbors and fellow employees or in other daily affairs of life. You may have seen them on the street, offering their magazines to passersby. Or you may have spoken briefly with them at your door.

Actually, Jehovah’s Witnesses are interested in you and your welfare. They want to be your friends and to tell you more about themselves, their beliefs, their organization, and how they feel about people and the world in which all of us live. To accomplish this, they have prepared this brochure for you.

In most ways Jehovah’s Witnesses are like everyone else. They have normal problems—economic, physical, emotional. They make mistakes at times, for they are not perfect, inspired, or infallible. But they try to learn from their experiences and diligently study the Bible to make needed corrections. They have made a dedication to God to do his will, and they apply themselves to fulfill this dedication. In all their activities they seek guidance from God’s Word and his holy spirit.

They are dedicated to
    God to do his willIt is of vital importance to them that their beliefs be based on the Bible and not on mere human speculations or religious creeds. They feel as did the apostle Paul when he expressed himself under inspiration: “Let God be found true, though every man be found a liar.” (Romans 3:4, New World Translation*) When it comes to teachings offered as Biblical truth, the Witnesses strongly endorse the course followed by the Beroeans when they heard the apostle Paul preach: “They received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so.” (Acts 17:11) Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that all religious teachings should be subjected to this test of agreement with the inspired Scriptures, whether the teaching is offered by them or by someone else. They invite you—urge you—to do this in your discussions with them.

They believe the
    Bible is God’s WordFrom this it is apparent that Jehovah’s Witnesses believe in the Bible as the Word of God. They consider its 66 books to be inspired and historically accurate. What is commonly called the New Testament they refer to as the Christian Greek Scriptures, and the Old Testament they call the Hebrew Scriptures. They rely on both of these, the Greek and the Hebrew Scriptures, and take them literally except where the expressions or settings obviously indicate that they are figurative or symbolic. They understand that many of the prophecies of the Bible have been fulfilled, others are in the course of fulfillment, and still others await fulfillment.

THEIR NAME
    Jehovah’s Witnesses? Yes, that is the way they refer to themselves. It is a descriptive name, indicating that they bear witness concerning Jehovah, his Godship, and his purposes. “God,” “Lord,” and “Creator”—like “President,” “King,” and “General”—are titles and may be applied to several different personages. But “Jehovah” is a personal name and refers to the almighty God and Creator of the universe. This is shown at Psalm 83:18, according to the King James version of the Bible: “That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.”

God’s personal name in ancient Hebrew

The name Jehovah (or Yahweh, as the Roman Catholic Jerusalem Bible and some scholars prefer) appears almost 7,000 times in the original Hebrew Scriptures. Most Bibles do not show it as such but substitute “God” or “Lord” for it. However, even in these Bibles, a person can usually tell where the original Hebrew text uses Jehovah because in those places the substituted words are written in large and small capitals, thus: GOD, LORD. Several modern translations do use either the name Jehovah or the name Yahweh. Hence, the New World Translation reads at Isaiah 42:8, “I am Jehovah. That is my name.”

The name as related to
    a courtroom dramaThe Scriptural account that Jehovah’s Witnesses draw on for their name is in the 43rd chapter of Isaiah. There the world scene is viewed as a courtroom drama: The gods of the nations are invited to bring forth their witnesses to prove their claimed cases of righteousness or to hear the witnesses for Jehovah’s side and acknowledge the truth. Jehovah there declares to his people: “Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am Jehovah; and besides me there is no saviour.”—Isaiah 43:10, 11, American Standard Version.

Jehovah God had witnesses on earth during the thousands of years before Jesus was born. After Hebrews chapter 11 lists some of those men of faith, Hebrews 12:1 says: “So, then, because we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also put off every weight and the sin that easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.” Jesus said before Pontius Pilate: “For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” He is called “the faithful and true witness.” (John 18:37; Revelation 3:14) Jesus told his disciples: “You will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon you, and you will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the most distant part of the earth.”—Acts 1:8.

Hence, some 6,000,000 persons today who are telling the good news of Jehovah’s Kingdom by Christ Jesus in over 230 lands feel that they properly refer to themselves as Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Some 6,000,000 Witnesses
    in over 230 lands

17. By Jersey McJones on Nov 16, 2005 | Reply

Ah, the JWs!

Hey, has the world ended yet? No? Tomorrow? Okay, we’ll wait ‘n see…