SC-ALITO TO THE RESCUE!

October 31st, 2005 | by Jersey McJones |

Well, it’s Monday morning and if that’s not bad enough, Bush is set to announce to nomination of 3rd Circuit Appelate Judge Samuel Alito, aka Little Sc-Alito, for the Supreme Court. Sc-Alito should fit well on the SCOTUS, shown below, ritualistically devouring human flesh.  Judge Alito, another fine Yale man, has a strong conservative record - like writing in a dissention that a woman should have to consult her husband on the decision of abortion.  ISN’T THAT GREAT?

300pxcannibals

This is the big fight, folks.  Buckle up, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride - and watch those juicy, tasty limbs…

1. 22 Responses to “SC-ALITO TO THE RESCUE!”

2. By Treason on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

Jersey,

The bottom line to this so called “fight” is: If your side had just been able to win a simple Presidental election you’d be in the driver’s seat. But, since you’ve lost the last two elections it’s our choice. The PEOPLE’s choice!

3. By Jersey McJones on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Mornin’ Treason. Sure, about half “the people” may THINK they’re getting what they want… I’ll give you that. Once they get it, however, we’ll see if they really wanted it after all. ;)

4. By The Bastard on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

::golf clap::

Congrats Treason, I see you recieved the Republitard talking points for this week. Don’t stray from them like Bush did on his speech last week. That makes the neo-cons very mad.

5. By Treason on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

Bastard wrote: “Congrats Treason, I see you recieved the Republitard talking points for this week.”

Bastard, thank you! By the way, there not talking points it’s just called the good ‘ol common facts. The facts that you liberals just can’t seem to understand. The only party with talking points are the Democrats and the sorry thing is they don’t have much to talk about.

Just so you know over half the country DOES realize that the Democrats don’t have Talking Points but Bitch and Moan Points.

Jersey, you are most correct with your point. But isn’t that the case in anyone whom is elected or appointed? :)

6. By Jersey McJones on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

Treason, what I mean is that the GOP base (there are more registered Dems than Gops, by the way…) is going to get exactly what they ask for - and they are going to regret it.

7. By Treason on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

oooopppps, was supposed to read, “The only party WITHOUT talking points are the Democrats and the sorry thing is they don’t have much to talk about.”

I’m sure y’all get me for that slip of the tongue.

8. By Jersey McJones on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

Well, treason, you have a point. The Dems just don’t have it together right now. The Blue Dogs, like Clinton, didn’t help things with their “moderate” pandering to the Right. The Liberals and Progressives have been marginalized. The media is firmly in the hands of the Right.

The GOP moved the country to the Right. The Dems have the onus on them to move the people back to the left. What we need is a Rush Leftbaugh.

9. By Tom Harper on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

A woman needs to get her husband’s permission before having an abortion? OK. And the husband needs to get his wife’s permission before having prostate surgery. Deal?

10. By The Cranky Liberal on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

Let me introduce you to my friend Fil. Fil has been on vacation for a while, but is probably set to make a comeback at some point in the near future. Fil was hiding after the threat of nuclear war, but seeing that there is almost no likelyhood that Bush gets to appoint another justice to the bench this term, Fil is no longer afraid of nuclear winter. As a matter of fact, Fil may yet have the ability to send this overly conservative jack-me-off (or is that Jack ambramhoff? I never know these days) back from whence he came.

Enjoy Fil, you guys deserve him.

11. By The Bastard on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

HI FIL!!!! Where is your buddy Buster?

12. By Jersey McJones on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

FIL!!! Long time no see!!!

13. By steve on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

Filibuster this nomination and watch how many seats you have in 2006.

It would be a huge mistake for the Democratic Party block this guy out and… you know something… I’ll say it here…

You guys just got had. I think Bush put Miers out there to watch you all go nuts. I think it was planned. You know, I can see Bush right now with that smirk talking to the media about how you guys ran Miers out and so he brought in Alito, probably the most qualified candidate for the position we’ve ever had. This guy looks great compared to Miers and your party is going to look foolish and stupid not letting this guy in. I can see Feinstein now, “I’m going to have to vote no as a symbolic statement for women everywhere, you sir, are not Justice O’Conner.”

Oh and by the way, that one hasn’t even started yet, the fact that there will be one less woman on the Supreme Court. FYI, wasn’t it the Supreme Court that voted out affirmative action? “Alito is taking a “woman’s seat”". I give it until Wednesday before that shit storm starts. I might just have to flip over to Randy Rhodes on Air America to listen to her bitch. I can laugh for hours on that one… Meanwhile, next week, when the next resolution is passed against Syria or even Iran, talk of war will start and well… We’ll all have something else to talk about.

Kill your babies now, this one is over!

14. By The Cranky Liberal on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

Your side went nuts Steve, not ours. Ours is saying she didn’t get a fair trial. I didn’t like her because she had no record, and her pro-life stance, but it was the radical right that went nutso pal. Sorry try again.

And as for your politial advice, no sorry we choose not to take it. Fil is coming if the Dems have any balls. This is the kind of guy they need ot keep off the bench. No respect for settled law, no respect for womens rights, no respect for the FMLA, discirminations issues etc. We Filibuster this guy and make George earn his pick.

I think that if we do we will not be hurt in the polls. I mean Jesus Christ Steve, if the Republicans can run the country into the ground, start an illegal war, get more than 2000 of our guys killed, get indicted on an every growing list of charges, screw up in national emergencies and yet still keep their fricking bridge to nowhere and tax cuts for the wealthy without hearing about it, I think we can filibuster a bad choice.

Bring it On.

15. By steve on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

Hmmm… Wasn’t consumer spending and our economy up, even with two hurricanes and war? I’ll sure remember what you just said when I am NOT standing in some food line, looking for a job or worrying about my freedoms. (Like freedom of speech)

My people and most Democrats for that matter, do not think this country is being run into the ground, only left wingnuts do. Sad to say, it’s websites like this who can’t grasp the concept of the political process. The political process should allow any Presidential candidate qualified to be on the SCOTUS period. He’s the president; it’s his power not some collective group of bloggers telling us how the country should be run. We, the people, voted these people in to lead us. This isn’t some nation where people give up midway because we don’t like somebody. This is how a democracy works. Sorry, and yes I have been consistent with argument especially regarding Miers and Roberts. I said the same things and I’ll say it again, it would be foolish for the Democrats to filibuster this one. The moderates still hanging on to your party will make a mass exodus and you’ll be left wondering (and bitching) about what happened in 2006 and 2008 when you are sitting in the same place, a minority power.

The American people will laugh at you if you filibuster.

16. By The Bastard on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

Dude, it’s not gonna be a filibuster, it will be a bunka-buster!!!! And right about the time y’all go nuclear should be around election time 2006 whuch will be pretty to watch the spin on that one. Buh-bye!

17. By steve on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

It’s amazing that you can’t take me seriously Bastard…

18. By The Bastard on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

Who’s not taking you seriously steve? I take you very seriously, that is why I am extremely addiment about removing this administration and anything conneted with this administration from power.

You thought the last election was close, watch in 2006, I see more and more people starting to wake up and they are not waking up on your side of the bed.

Yes, I take you and your thinking very seriously.

19. By steve on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

God, Bastard, by now you should recognize the pun in that one…:)

You’re dreaming, your little liberal wake up call will be coming from California on November 8th! Of course, I left that on another topic…

20. By The Bastard on Oct 31, 2005 | Reply

Dude I wish we could give back California to the Mexicans, along with Texas! :-)

21. By Jersey McJones on Nov 1, 2005 | Reply

The Bush “administration” is flailing around like a worm on the pavement. How many scandals have there been now? Alito is the big fight to take our eyes off the prize - busting the crooks in the White House and GOP.

22. By steve on Nov 1, 2005 | Reply

The Jersey McJones is flailing around like a worm on the pavement.

23. By The Cranky Liberal on Nov 1, 2005 | Reply

Um Steve, Bush’s approval raitings are below 40% and only 28% of the people think the country is moving in the right direction. Of course consumer spenfing is up - the Gulf Coast is rebuilding. I spent a bucketload of money last week preparing for Wilma. Plywood aint cheep brother (though if they would let it in from Canada like they are obligated to..never mind thats another topic).

As for CA, well my friend, every ballot initiative seems to be headed for defeat except for maybe parental notification and the drug company backed perscription drug plan looked doomed for failure. Maybe a few will win in the end, but the polling data looks bad for Arnie. Also nice he is spenidng millions on an election that could have waited a few months - but hey, running up deficits seems to be the new Republican creedo.

You are so wrong about 2006 and 8 if you think a Filibuster will hurt us. ‘Moderates’ are not going to jump off the bandwagon for sticking up against an mini Scalia. You are the one dreaming.