Rush Limbaugh “Sings”

June 29th, 2006 | by Ken Grandlund |

rush nazi

Heard this (courtesy of and created by WNNX-FM) on the way to work this morning and it’s HILARIOUS! I juast had to share it with you all.
rush song

Go here for the lyric sheet.

[tag]Rush Limbaugh, satire, WNNX-FM, Nazi Song[/tag]

1. 9 Responses to “Rush Limbaugh “Sings””

2. By Craig R. Harmon on Jun 29, 2006 | Reply

Ken,

I’ve come to enjoy, very much, conversing with you on a number of topics. You are thoughtful, intelligent and articulate but I gotta tell you: the armband on Rush is just about the most objectionable thing I’ve seen yet on BIO!

I’m no Limbaugh fan. I can proudly and honestly say that I’ve never heard a moment of a single broadcast that Rush has made. When I’ve run across blogs discussing something that he’s done or said, I usually find his rhetoric to be objectionable. I don’t like him as a spokesman for Conservatism.

He’s not a nazi. I don’t know what that armband means to you but, to me, it means things that nobody has any business photoshopping on to a photo of anybody that doesn’t personally and specifically identify themselves as either a proud member of the former German national socialist party or of one of the many neo-nazi wannabe parties. That symbol has come to stand for too many things that I feel confident that Rush loathes.

Your photo may be funny and garner laughs all around here at BIO! but not from me.

Sorry, many, but this is what people mean when they talk about “the bottom of the barrel”.

3. By ken grandlund on Jun 29, 2006 | Reply

Craig-

I’m guessing you didn’t actually listen to the song that the link plays, else you may have understood the photo’s relevance here. Further, although I am pretty good at Photoshop, this picture was not in fact created by me, but was liberally lifted from the site I got the song from. In fact, a google search of Limbaugh images turns this one up all over the place.

Now, that said, I abhor the Nazi regime and it’s associated insinuations. But perhaps your wrath should in fact head towards Rush himself who continuously refers to the Femi-Nazi’s on his own show when referring to women’s rights activists as well as describing liberal thinkers in many nasty terms.

The song is comprised of words said by Rush himself. He bandies about “Nazi” all the time. I think you need to take this beef up with him first.

4. By Steve O on Jun 29, 2006 | Reply

The fat drug using hypocrite is a fucking Nazi, if something goose steps like a Nazi and talks like a Nazi it must be a Nazi.

Nazi has come to symbolize anybody that hates many and Rush hates many. If you are not a white Christian Rush has no use for you.

5. By Tom Harper on Jun 29, 2006 | Reply

Great song.  I don’t know how anyone could possibly take Limbaugh seriously, no matter what their political views.  Good to see him getting dissed.

6. By Craig R. Harmon on Jun 29, 2006 | Reply

Ken,

There was no wrath in my initial comment. Disappointment, yes. Wrath, no. It is precisely because of my respect for you that I took to objecting to this tactic. I know that you are capable of taking a guy like Rush apart, piece by piece, with reason, intellect, facts and calmly-stated argument. Heck, for all I know, you are capable of taking me apart the same way.

Next, is it not enough that I assiduously avoid listening to Rush and that I state, up front, that I find examples of his rhetoric that I’ve read at blogs to be objectionable? Do I need to email Rush, cc’d to you, to excoriate him for his use of terms that, since I never listen to his show, I’ve never heard him use? How would the email go?

“Dear Rush,

I never listen to your show but I’ve heard from people who don’t like you that you make highly objectionable references to feminists as nazis and I think you should know that you are scum.

Respectfully,

Craig R. Harmon”

Is something like that what you have in mind? How many wrongs does it take to make a right, anyway? I can’t afford to take out a full page ad for an open letter to Rush Limbaugh objecting to his nastiness. I can object to this. I’ve come to expect better from you.

Maybe I’m wrong to lobby for better rhetoric and for not rolling around in the muck with the Rush Limbaughs of the world. Maybe I just misunderstand Liberals’ objections to him and others. I would think that, if somebody objects to something that Rush says or does, that they would find it just as objectionable no matter who says or does it.

Maybe I just misunderstand civil discourse.

I’ve said my piece on this and this is the last word on the subject except to say that I respect you still. I hope that you will continue to write the same sharp, intelligent, cogent articles here that you write at your own blog. I simply hope that you’ll leave the nazi comparisons to those who aren’t so capable and articulate as you.

If it will make you feel better, I’ll try to track down Rush’s email address and tell him what I think of people who make comparisons between people with whom they disagree on political grounds and nazis. I’ll implore him to take the higher road of civil, reasoned discourse and I’ll cc it to you.

Write on, my friend.

7. By ken grandlund on Jun 29, 2006 | Reply

Craig- I appreciate your words of praise (?) and hold you, your writing, and your comments in the same high respect. You seem to be one of the few (not the only though) people who lean right who is willing to discourse with reason and an adult attitude.

That said….I rarely listen to him either, but occasionally I do just to see what the latest blowhard blather is about. It’s all about being imformed about what ‘the other side’ is up to.

This entry was meant to entertain. It is low humor for sure, but to many folks, funny none-the-less. Not simply for the Nazi references, but because the man holds himself up to be an icon of perfection yet spews the very vitriol you avoid him for.

And don’t write to Rush for my sake. It would probably not be the best use of your time.

Anyhow…’nuff said on this.

8. By liberal vet on Jun 29, 2006 | Reply

Prior to the nazis taking over this benevolent symbol placing said symbol on the fat pigs arm would of been a compliment. Its meaning over the past 3000 years has been one of life, sun and peace. American troops in the 45th Division wore the swastika on their arm band in WWI, the Finnish AF wore it in WWII. I am not seeking to stir the pot into further controversy. I believe, and you are free to disagree, it’s time we stopped using this symbol as vitriolic and return it to its former place as the worlds oldest symbol, thus defusing the negativity attached to it. Rush is an insane hippocrite no doubt. LV

9. By Paul Merda on Jun 29, 2006 | Reply

LV,

I hear what you are saying about the swastika, and for the most part I agree.  But you gotta admit, you don’t see people (barring neo-nazis of course) wearing a swastika, or the Hitler moustache.  I mean dang, that guy ruined that style of stash forever…  It kinda pisses me off, I think I’d look good in one of those ;-)

10. By Craig R. Harmon on Jun 29, 2006 | Reply

Ken,

There’s no need for the parenthetical question mark in this: “I appreciate your words of praise (?)”. I can not praise you too much for the things that I’ve read at “Common Sense” and for much of your writing and commenting here. I have the highest respect for you as a thinker and a writer.