Remember all of those heated exchanges

October 27th, 2006 | by Craig R. Harmon |

discussing the high casualty rates of Lebanese civillians during the recent Israel-Hezbollah war? Remember how some of us Israel defenders kept saying that Hezbollah had turned centers of high civilian residence into military targets and therefore Hezbollah was to blame for the deaths of Lebanese civilians? Read this.

1. 6 Responses to “Remember all of those heated exchanges”

2. By Jersey McJones on Oct 28, 2006 | Reply

You’ll have to do better than that shit-rag, Craig.

JMJ

3. By Craig R. Harmon on Oct 28, 2006 | Reply

Ah. The old “if you can’t deny the facts, assassinate the messenger” tactic. Hope that works out for you better in the future than it has worked out for you here.

4. By Paul Watson The Cranky Brit on Oct 28, 2006 | Reply

Craig,

As one of the people involved in those heated discussions, I have to say, this is despicable and I have absolutely no problem condemning it for the crime against humanity that it is. Now can you condemn Israel dropping cluster bombs into the middle of cities as well?

My basic position hasn’t changed. Both sides did a lot of things that are reprehensible. The Israelis did less, but that doesn’t absolve them from criticism (and I know this is unfair, but Israel is held to a higher standard than terrorists on the grounds that they aren’t terrorists. No one expects terrorists to fight by the rules. We still have the idealistic notion that countries, especially our allies, will).

5. By Craig R. Harmon on Oct 28, 2006 | Reply

Paul,

I believe that I already have condemned Israel’s misuse of cluster-bombs. If I haven’t, for the record, I do so now.

6. By Paul Watson The Cranky Brit on Oct 28, 2006 | Reply

Craig,

I didn’t think you had. But I could have easily been mistaken. It wasn’t as if I had a shortage of debaters to keep straight.

7. By Jersey McJones on Oct 29, 2006 | Reply

Damn straight I’ll shoot THAT messenger.  Hell, I’d rather you get it from the National Review or Spectator!

JMJ