Is the Bush conspiracy proven at the pump?

May 16th, 2007 | by Matthew OKeefe |

Given the fact that raising the minimum wage to a decent level could break the economy of America according to President Bush I think that the prices at the pump are going to pretty much bury the American people for the good graces of our President. I was talking to a good friend of mine this evening and he brought this comparison up.

When Exxon/Mobile posts a $30 Billion dollar profit for one three month span is that going to wake people up to know that our President is corrupt and sacrificing his people for his few oil Barron friends? What does it take to make the people wake up and know that the fix is in and Bush is sitting there in the Oval office chucking the bird at the American people because we know that he is an idiot? From where he sits it looks like we are all the idiots. From where his friends in the oil industry sit the sky is green with cash, yours, mine and anyone driving a car in America.

Over at the Boston Herald they have this to say about this issue…

Gas prices soar above $3 a gallon and toward $4 in some areas
By Associated Press
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
- Updated: 04:05 PM ESTNEW YORK -

For all their complaining as they pay $3 a gallon or more to fill up their cars, few American drivers have yet to reach the point of cutting back.

That’s the message from government statistics showing that demand for gasoline is only just starting to level off even as refinery outages and tight supplies have sent pump prices soaring by 43 percent since the end of January.

And brace yourself: experts say with gas already closing in on $4 a gallon in Chicago and San Francisco ahead of the peak summer driving season, higher prices could be in the cards.

“I drive 55 miles each way to work every day,” said Sandy Colden, of Medford, N.J., one recent morning while loading groceries into her Honda Pilot SUV. “So I really don’t have a choice, unfortunately.” – Boston Herald

President Bush and his crew of thieves are stealing from all Americans by punishing us for simply being Americans and not agreeing to his political ideology. That ideology is summed up with your seeing things his way or taking the highway. Pick an article in any paper and the corruption and boldness of the deception in his administration is printed every single day! What better way to put the knife to your people’s throat than at the good old gas pump?

What really boggles my mind is that he isn’t just screwing Democrats and Liberals over with his lack of concern for the cost of gasoline at the pump is the simple fact that he is screwing over all Americans regardless of political affiliation.

This man is not the President of America as much as he is the protector of big oil and turning the other way as they rape Americans on a daily basis. Democrat or Republican, Bush is pissed and we will pay through the nose till he is gone. Only till he leaves office will this situation be corrected and even then the Robber Barron’s of today will walk away with pockets full of cash. Your cash, my cash, our senior’s cash, our grocery money, our kids college money, our retirement money, our new born babies’ money for formula and the list goes on and on. How much have you as a person or as a family had to cut back to afford the raping at the pump courtesy of this administration? How much more are you willing to give up and still defend this man that dares to call himself the leader of the free world?

There are emails out there suggesting a boycott of certain gas stations and I for one participated today. Moving forward in my life I will never purchase gas from the gas stations listed in them and if you want a voice in this fight then you should do so as well. I’m boycotting Exxon Mobile for the rest of my life. If they are going to screw me over at the pump anyway with a guy or gal making minimum wage manning the pumps then I am telling you that we should tell them to screw! I’ll spend my fifty dollars to fill my tank at another gas station just down the street. I’m fed up and I am sure that you are too. Be proactive in your disgust and send the message to the corporations bending you over the barrel at the gas pump.

Moving on and according to the Bush mentality and political thought process, the minimum wage hike will kill the economy? Small businesses will collapse; death and destruction to mid sized companies will lend a hand at bringing on a recession. Think again! Mr. President, you and your lack of defending the people and the supper table at home are killing the American economy. Wake the hell up will you! You sir, and your friends in big oil have taken far too much away from my families supper table and we can not afford you or them anymore. This President should be shown the exit post haste.

Let the investigations begin and if Nancy Pelosi doesn’t have the guts to do it then she too should step aside. America is crying for help and all of Washington is looking the other way. Enough is enough! I can’t afford politicians that look the other way while my family suffers for their ignorance of what the people at home need.

1. 8 Responses to “Is the Bush conspiracy proven at the pump?”

2. By Paul Merda on May 16, 2007 | Reply

The big-picture, long-term thinker in me says that $4 or $5 per gallon of gas will in the end spawn innovation and make alternate energy sources cheaper and more accessible eventually moving us away from oil. I think its good in the long-term and will serve our best interests later down the road.

On the other hand, the short sighted, right-here-right now Paul is pissed everytime he has to fill his gas tank.

3. By Steve O on May 16, 2007 | Reply

It’s funny Paul, Treks, that high tech material they use to make decks now, that uses oil to make and heats up like a bitch under the sun has forced mor expensive woods such as birch and mahogoney (perfect for decks) to lower their prices to compete.

And lets really piss everyone off, not only are they taking our hard earned dollars at the pump they are taking them from our taxes as well with the government subsidies these pricks get.

But Joe Republican doesn’t care, it’s good, sound business and they deserve all that money, they worked hard for it.

Here’s an idea, how about we push for a boycott of the 10-20 percent of oil we get from the Middle East instead of waiting 20 years like Bush wants to do, make nice with Venezuala and negotiate a price with them?

Or how about we push for all nations to nationalize their oil fields, thus, effectively fucking every oil company out there!!!!! It’s not the corporations resources, it’s the peoples resources and they should have a taste of it. Just ask any Alaskan about having a taste of oil profit.

4. By Jet Netwal on May 16, 2007 | Reply

This was in my inbox today:

While gas prices change almost daily, fuel economy standards for the cars and trucks we drive haven’t been changed in over 30 years. But Congress has a chance to change that by passing the Fuel Economy Reform Act (H.R. 1506) which would increase fuel efficiency standards for our cars and trucks nationwide. By increasing fuel efficiency, we’d be reducing our oil dependence, cutting carbon dioxide emissions and, since our cars will be using less gas, we’ll be saving more cash.

Tell your representative to take immediate action to combat climate change and protect our environment. Tell them to start now by supporting increased fuel economy standards.

As long as the car makers continue to make 15 - 20 mpg cars, we are screwed. If they all made 50 mpg cars, the cash budgeted for gas per family would stay about the same.

It’s a many sided equation.

5. By Steve O on May 16, 2007 | Reply

Jet, damn it that is way to simple, go back to the drawing board and get back to us with something more complicated.

Who owns this country anyway? The corporations or the people?

6. By ken grandlund on May 16, 2007 | Reply

I’ve written several posts about the increasing costs of gasoline, how we’re all getting screwed and how no one in the political class seems to give a damn about it.

Paul is right about these high costs making the way for alternate fuels more demanding, but in the interim, we’re still getting the shaft.

Feed the kids or drive to work? Not much of a choice there now is it? Or buy a car with better MPG? How? When all your income is swallowed up in daily costs, who can afford to get a new car with better mileage? With wages stagnant and mortgages rising who can add another payment to the monthly accounts?

My car gets an average 30 mpg and it’s 12 years old. I consider myself lucky for that but I still spend over $40 a week for my drive alone. Glad my wife only needs to spend about $12 for her 5 minute commute.

It’s clear that the oil oligarchs own this administration and by proxy the nation. This won’t change even after Bush though- all the pol’s are greased by Big Oil. Nothing short of an energy revolution, driven by angry consumers, will change this fate.

7. By windspike on May 16, 2007 | Reply

here Here - which makes investing in sustainable and green industry the best invesment since they whispered “Plastics” in The Graduate.

8. By Froenx on May 16, 2007 | Reply

I’ve gone proactive and started planning for alternative methods of transport.. one: is a motorbike. Two: the bus. Three, and this is my favourite: create my own electric powered neighborhood car that I will build myself.

I don’t have very far to go. everything is in walking distance. so I’m quite sure the car will last a good while.

I’m already testing out new batteries on a small scale to see how well they perform. If I like what I see, I will increase the scale.

9. By Paul Merda on May 17, 2007 | Reply

Froenx,

Look at buying an electric golf cart. They’ve alreayd done the engineering… I also recently saw an electric scooter that has a cooler on it, and it was fairly fast :-)