Stupid and the Family Bush

June 11th, 2007 | by Jersey McJones |

Gossip Queen Kitty Kelley’s latest tell-all on the Bushes has the First Family up in arms and Matt Lauer up in Kitty’s face. Slate has the scoop on some of the juicier tid-bits from the book. Here’s a few of them…

Page 253: At Andover, George W. Bush writes a morose essay about his sister’s death. Searching for a synonym for “tears,” he consults a thesaurus and writes, “And the lacerates ran down my cheeks.” A teacher labels the paper “disgraceful.”

Page 309: At Harvard Business School, which W. attends from 1973 to 1975, a professor screens The Grapes of Wrath. Bush asks him, “Why are you going to show us that Commie movie?” W.’s take on the film: “Look. People are poor because they are lazy.”

Page 266: George W. and cocaine. One anonymous Yalie claims he sold coke to Bush; another classmate says he and Bush snorted the drug together. Sharon Bush, W.’s ex-sister-in-law, tells Kelley that Bush has used cocaine at Camp David “not once, but many times.” (Sharon has since denied telling Kelley this.)

Page 304: While working on a 1972 Alabama Senate campaign, Bush, witnesses say, “liked to sneak out back for a joint of marijuana or into the bathroom for a line of cocaine.”

Page 575: A friend says Laura Bush was the “go-to girl for dime bags” at Southern Methodist University.

Page 252: George W. hangs a Confederate flag in his dorm room at Andover.

Page 268: W. on Yale’s decision to admit women: “That’s when Yale really started going downhill.”

Page 578: A retired National Guard officer says he overheard a conversation between a Bush staffer and a guardsman about tidying up W.’s service record.

This I have to read!

JMJ

1. 9 Responses to “Stupid and the Family Bush”

2. By kip152 on Jun 11, 2007 | Reply

This stuff is so scary it must be true.

3. By tos on Jun 11, 2007 | Reply

If I believed everything I read then I would have to believe this too.

4. By Jersey McJones on Jun 11, 2007 | Reply

Tos, I’d take silly Kitty Kelley over that lunacy any day - and that ain’t sayin’ much!

JMJ

5. By tos on Jun 11, 2007 | Reply

Of course you would. Wouldn’t expect anything less. That sure ain’t saying much Jersey.
    Hey I’m just reporting some facts. Not particularly blaming anyone but it is a little coincidental don’t ya think?

6. By Jersey McJones on Jun 11, 2007 | Reply

Facts? You call those facts? At least Kelley, gossip artist that she is, had to get her facts straight with a major publisher! The loonies you sight have no professsional credibility whatsoever!

Damn, you are one naive sucker.

JMJ

7. By tos on Jun 11, 2007 | Reply

So you are denying those people were killed or are you going along with they were all suicides? Seems pretty ironic.

8. By Jersey McJones on Jun 11, 2007 | Reply

Oh please, Tos. You sound like another screwball conspiracy nut.

JMJ

9. By tos on Jun 11, 2007 | Reply

No I’ll save that for the Loose Nuts,I mean Loose Changers.

10. By Jersey McJones on Jun 11, 2007 | Reply

“Loose Changers?” Oh yeah, I guess I’m just another liberal elitist from Connect-icutt (Like GWB?) who goes wherever the ‘liberal media’ tells me, huh? Nice try. Face it - you don’t have to be a ‘liberal elitist’ to be against the religious right, stupid end of the “conservative” movement.

Keep up the screwball conspiracy theories, Tos! The rationality of the masses needs it!

JMJ