Team Torture?

April 11th, 2008 | by Dusty |

Watching KO tonight, and using his phrase as my post title..his biggest story for me was about the ABC newstory last night that there was actually a “Team Torture” which met in the White House and included all the central players discussing which torture methods to use on which terrorists. From the ABC report:

The advisers were members of the National Security Council’s Principals Committee, a select group of senior officials who met frequently to advise President Bush on issues of national security policy.

At the time, the Principals Committee included Vice President Cheney, former National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Secretary of State Colin Powell, as well as CIA Director George Tenet and Attorney General John Ashcroft.

The ABC news story video below.

As Jonathan Turley said tonight on Countdown..its not a question of whether war crimes were committed..its a question of whether anything will be done about it.

UPDATE: YouTube yanks down the Countdown vid’s pretty quickly..but here is Turley discussing Team Torture.

Tags: Principles Committee, Torture methods

Crossposted at Its my Right to be Left of the Center

1. 14 Responses to “Team Torture?”

2. By Cranky Liberal on Apr 11, 2008 | Reply

Nothing what so ever will be done about it and that’s the real crime

3. By Jet Netwal on Apr 11, 2008 | Reply

That may depend on who wins the house and senate races, Cranky. We get a better mix, there will be more for Feingold and Conyers to work with. Those two have been working for accountability all along.

4. By Dusty on Apr 11, 2008 | Reply

I still hold out a modicum of hope that if enough Dem’s win in Nov, something will come of all this crap Jet.

Turley, the Constitutional Law Prof was so damn flippant about it. But he has been saying for years now that there is ample evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors that go all the way up to the top.

5. By Megan Donovan on Apr 11, 2008 | Reply

I hope you are right Dusty but we keep seeing more and more evidence of the outrage overload. The people and the powers that be effortlessly fall into the “pffft, more of the same” mentality. For my sanity I have to believe that someone at some point will win the accountability argument.

6. By Dusty on Apr 11, 2008 | Reply

I know what you mean Megan..sometimes it’s the only way I maintain my sanity in these times.

7. By Jet Netwal on Apr 11, 2008 | Reply

The alternative is apathy, and we’ve all seen the results of that. I believe I’ll stick with hope.

8. By Cranky Liberal on Apr 11, 2008 | Reply

I’d get angry, but the new Battlestar Gallactica is on tonight so I think I’ll just veg instead.

9. By Jet Netwal on Apr 11, 2008 | Reply

Oh, and who lost their balls at YouTube? They can’t keep something as generic as a Countdown vid up?

10. By Dusty on Apr 11, 2008 | Reply

Jet, its that MSNBC bitches and threatens the proverbial lawsuit when they see one up over there..thats why YouTube yanks them down. Copyright infringement.

11. By Jet Netwal on Apr 11, 2008 | Reply

CL, after a week like you’ve had, you need a Tricia Helfer fix. :-D

12. By Jet Netwal on Apr 11, 2008 | Reply

You’d think that a popular YouTube would translate into people wanting to check out the show, but nobody ever asks me…

13. By Dusty on Apr 11, 2008 | Reply

Actually, its greed Jet..MSNBC now offers their own versions of Countdown Clips..but the assholes don’t have one of last nights show..go figure ;)

14. By steve on Apr 12, 2008 | Reply

Nothing is gonna happen. McCain will win and you all will be here another 4 years crying the blues…

The pessimist in me…

1. 1 Trackback(s)

2. Apr 11, 2008: Bring It On! » Blog Archive » Common Article 3..