Beijing - A Good Place for Outdoor Olympics?

June 5th, 2008 | by Windspike |

Aren’t you glad you are not an Olympic Caliber athlete going for the gold in this atmosphere? As a recovering track athlete myself, I think I would have to cancel my run if it was like this on race day.

I don’t know who got paid off so that Beijing could host the Olympics this year, but even despite the human rights violations, the Tibet concern, even just the pollution concerns would be cause enough to not hold them there.

Found this picture on a tip from a friend over at this location.

1. 7 Responses to “Beijing - A Good Place for Outdoor Olympics?”

2. By steve on Jun 5, 2008 | Reply

We had the Olympics in LA so… And there are all kinds of human rights violations there too

3. By Lisa on Jun 5, 2008 | Reply

Oh my God make them sign that Kyoto Treaty!
    I hear if you wear a white shirt there it turns gray. Yuck!

4. By rube cretin on Jun 6, 2008 | Reply

smells like bacon and eggs to them.

5. By windspike on Jun 6, 2008 | Reply

LA is better than beijing, no? I wasn’t there in when the Olympics were, but in a day by day comparison today, LA has improved no? As far as the Human Rights violations in LA, what have you done to stop them Steve?

Lisa, I agree with you for a change.

Rube, the Olympics is all about money, isn’t it? Bacon, eggs, whatever you want as the dollars pour over the transom.

6. By rube cretin on Jun 6, 2008 | Reply

windspike,
    sorry man, thoughtless comment on my part. When i think of what China has gone through to get out of the stone age in the last 60 years this sort of environmental degradation makes me sad.

7. By Jersey McJones on Jun 6, 2008 | Reply

Oh c’mon guys. China’s just going through the same pains we in the West suffered in the 19th and 20th centuries. Progressive development hurts. At least with these Olympic games, China is rethinking the direction and fuel of it’s development into the future. I wish Americans could do that. We’ve got absolutely no excuse.

JMJ

8. By RainBro on Jun 7, 2008 | Reply

Let’s not forget what’s happening in Africa…
    Here’s the latest report (part 6) if anyone’s interested.

Peace,