Farewell, Tim Russert- NBC Newsman Dead at 58

June 13th, 2008 | by Ken Grandlund |

(photo from msnbc.com/Alex Wong/Getty Images)

Tim Russert, of NBC News and Meet The Press, collapsed today while recording voice-overs for his Sunday program Meet The Press. Russert was 58 years old. Early reports said that Russert’s death was due to a heart attack, but that information has been withdrawn and the cause is still being determined.

Having lost my own father last summer from a heart attack (he was also 58) I know that this is coming as quite a shock to his family. So whether or not you agreed with Russert and his politics and reporting, America has lost a valuable voice and his family has lost a valuable husband and father.

Farewell Tim Russert, and thanks for everything.

1. 10 Responses to “Farewell, Tim Russert- NBC Newsman Dead at 58”

2. By Dusty on Jun 13, 2008 | Reply

Although I rarely agreed with his pov, he did pretty good interviews by and large. He has now been eulogized for hours on MSNBC.

His love of baseball is one I share and I didn’t know that about him until recently. Also he loved the Buffalo Bills..those friggin losers used to be my football team when I lived on the east coast. sports is a great equalizer.

3. By Tribute Fund on Jun 13, 2008 | Reply

Pay tribute to the great Tim Russert at our non-profit, http://www.tributefund.org. We remember the inspiring men and women in our lives.

4. By Mateo Giovanni on Jun 14, 2008 | Reply

I believe that Tim Russert was a great man! I will also go on the record as my opinion that with his out spoken views “The BushF*ckhead Cabal” got rid of him. He along with so few others did, and do speak the truth. I can only hope that Jimmy Carter doesn’t suffer a “stroke” anytime soon. I also send out my deepest thoughts, and condolences to his family, and friends. WE have lost a true Patriot.

Peace and Freedom

5. By steve on Jun 14, 2008 | Reply

“I will also go on the record as my opinion that with his out spoken views “The BushF*ckhead Cabal” got rid of him.”

Yeah… just like they did to destroy the WTC so they could go to war with Iraq to avenge the attempted assassination of Bush Sr.

Awesome thinking… IF they could just take down Carter… WOW!!!

6. By mr bigstuff on Jun 16, 2008 | Reply

steve,
    who’s more at fault? clinton or carter. and why didn’t mr. responsibility, george m.f.w. g.d. bush clean up their mistakes? please respond. i’m trying to get a handle on what makes a fox news fed “mind” tick.

7. By Jet Netwal on Jun 16, 2008 | Reply

I find the excesive airtime spent on this reporter’s untimely death to be self serving and inherently wrong. Was he a journalist, or a celebrity? I think we know the answer, and this is not right.

8. By mr bigstuff on Jun 16, 2008 | Reply

no shit jet. russert was one of many who bought the liars liars lies about iraq being a threat to america. he never called w out once on that pack of horseshit thereby legitimizing the worst mistake of a mistake filled alleged administration.

9. By Jet Netwal on Jun 16, 2008 | Reply

Journalists who consider themselves players rather than reporters become the former and cease to be the latter. The amount of airtime lavished on Russert’s death would rival that of the loss of a former president. I’m sorry the man is dead, and I feel for his family, but we have to realize that this celebritising (new word!)of the fourth estate is bull. You can’t be objective if your only goal is to be an insider.

10. By Mateo Giovanni on Jun 16, 2008 | Reply

I didn’t watch the guy all the time. I do know that coverage that doesn’t stop in OUR not so free Press is geared at dumbing us down, and hiding real news stories. I know that lately it seems that a lot of “The Cabal” have rapidly been paddling their life boats from the down suction of a sinking ship! Scott Mccellan, Dan Rather, and especially An Honorable President Jimmy Carter. My last post someone was kind enough to clear his name he took over from the speaker of the house who became the President without election due to scandal….Carter had over 20 years of mess, and scandal to clean up, and I fear that the Brave man won’t die, but possibly have a stroke, or some such!! I know he probably has told “The Ole’ Cabal” where to go stick it; since he has come out with so much sensitive info as of late. GO JIMMY!!!

11. By Mateo Giovanni on Jun 16, 2008 | Reply

I have to say it. That unelected appointed President Jerald Ford; that wasn’t even the man’s name. His birth name was Leslie Lynch King. Look it up; it’s factual……….He was hand picked by Dick Nixon. Dick’s personal memoirs, and tapes about the average American are horrible. He looked at US more, or less like animals!!!