Bush: Goodbye From The World’s Biggest Polluter

July 11th, 2008 | by Ken Grandlund |

Concluding his final meeting with world leaders at the G8 summit, U.S. President George W. Bush pumped his fist into the air and boldly announced, “Goodbye from the world’s biggest polluter.”

Probably thinking he was being amusing, Bush got no props from the other world leaders who stood by with looks of shock on their faces.

It’s well known around the world that Bush cares little for the environmental well being of this (or probably any other) planet. He unilaterally withdrew the US from any kind of climate action treaties upon taking office and spent the first 6 years denying that the world faced any real threat from manmade pollution. He purposfully degraded the EPA and made attempts to politicize its findings. And when the EPA sent the president an e-mail report decrying the problems with greenhouse gas pollutants, Bush just ignored them altogether. He didn’t even open the report.

As if to punctuate his public “Fuck Off World” message he left the G8 leaders with, US lawmakers announced today that no efforts to tackle greenhouse emissions will occur until AFTER Bush leaves office. This is a tacit acceptance by the EPA that Bush will only delay or deny efforts to reduce greenhouse pollution while still at the helm.

Here’s to hoping that all of Bush’s future progeny are born with extra limbs and deformed gonads.

(cross posted at Common Sense)

1. 28 Responses to “Bush: Goodbye From The World’s Biggest Polluter”

2. By steve on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

If he truly said that… He is awesome!!! That is the best!! Fuck those Euros, Russians and Asians!!!

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

3. By Ken Grandlund on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

YEAH!!! And fuck all those stupid American whiners too! Pollution?!? Give me a break! Who cares about pollution when the Rapture is going to break out as soon as we attack Iran and Israel starts burning? HAH! That’ll show ‘em!

4. By steve on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

Yeah! Damn God and his lightning strikes for causing all this smoke we have had for weeks in California. If the air wasn’t already bad enough!!!

5. By Lisa on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

Actually China is the World’s biggest polluter but who gives a f@#$% about them?

6. By Jersey McJones on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

Our president is a joke. Everyone who supports him is either delluded, evil, or stupid.

Steve, imagine I was your neighbor. Imagine my yard stunk of piles of garbage. Imagine you came over to my house and told me to clean up the mess. Imagine I told you to go fuck yourself and then said, “Goodbye from the neighborhood’s biggest polluter.” Would you think that’s cool? Somehow I doubt it.

Grow the fuck up man. Christ, you’re a father now! It’s time to put the adolescent crappola away.

This isn’t China, Lisa, and you’re political heros are the fuckin’ scumbags who make all the sweet trade deals with them, and let them own huge amounts of our money and debts. YOU, Lisa, are a part of the China-pollution problem. We all are. Everytime we shop at Walmart. Everytime we go to war without raising war-taxes. Everytime raise the debt limit for endless “emergency” appropriations. You want China to clean up? Wash your own hands first.

JMJ

7. By steve on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

Jersey… stop whining and get a sense of humor!!

8. By Jersey McJones on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

Well, as long as you were joking, then okay. Sorry ’bout that!

JMJ

9. By emmets on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

Hello People,

I’m not sure how to post this so here goes. I’m SteveO’s brother, Emmet (the hated one). SteveO was in a serious motorcycle accident last night. He was hit head on by a car. He just spent about 8-9hrs in surgery. I don’t have a ton of info yet because he just went into recovery. On the good side of things he had a helmet on and he’s alive. As of now the info I have is one of his legs isn’t doing to well. The surgery was to repair a compound fracture in his tibia or fiba and his ankle was smashed pretty bad so I assume they worked on that. Mid way throught the surgery they were going to amputate his leg but they decided to push on with the surgery. He is currently in recovery and the doctors say it is touch and go whether he will keep his leg. For all of you that beleive in God please pray for him. For all of you that don’t believe in God please keep him in your thoughts. He’s a GREAT person, Brother. Even thought he’s a liberal. Anyways, if you’d like to contact me you may ….or if you choose to call at 612-730-9033. I don’t come here very often anymore but I thought y’all should know. Thanx to everyone here at BIO!

10. By Jersey McJones on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

Emmet, I couldn’t imagine hating you. Good luck to your brother and please fill us in on the hospital details.

Thanks man

JMJ

11. By Lisa on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

Damn. Please keep us posted.

12. By Chris Radulich on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

I hope everything turns out well.

13. By Matthew O'Keefe on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

Emmet,

My heartfelt prayers are with your brother. He’s a good man with a good heart and all of us here at BIO are thinking of him.

He is a fighter so don’t be surprised if he asks for him laptop to rant as soon as he can.

Please keep us all posted on his condition. I’ll do my part in my prayers for him and hope for the best.

14. By Dusty on Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

Thank you Emmet for letting us know, that was very sweet of you, knowing how you feel about BIO.

Please keep us informed as we all love your brother very much.

15. By manapp99 on Jul 12, 2008 | Reply

Emmets, so sorry to hear about SteveO. Please keep us posted about his progress. If there is a fund to help with medical please let us know. Tell him that all here are pulling for his recovery and looking forward to his future rants here at BIO.

16. By emmet on Jul 12, 2008 | Reply

Thanks for all the responses from everyone here at BIO!. I passed as much info onto Steve last night about you guys/gals here at BIO! but Steve is now a Druggie (for good reason) so, I’m not to sure how much of it he’ll remember. He did say to say, “Thanx to all of you for your thoughts and prayers.” My conversation on the phone with him was kinda short. I sent the following message to Jet because I’m not sure if I should keep posting here or email her so she can post it.

Hello Jet,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I got an update late last night and late this morning on Steve from my brother Brendan. (I’m in Minnesota and my sister Helena and Brendan in New Jersey are keeping me updated).

Steve had a pretty rough night from what I understand because they couldn’t get the right pain medication correct and doseage. They also didn’t seem to care how much pain Steve was in. Helena told me it was a very good thing Brendan was there because he finally laid into them and they finally got it somewhat under control with different medication and doseage.

Steve is at:

UMDJ
    University of Medicine and Denistry of New Jersey (also known as Newark Hospital)
    Room # H407

The University Hospital
    150 Bergen Street, C- 431
    Newark, New Jersey 07103
    Phone
    (973) 972-4300

I did speak briefly with Steve last night. As you can imagine I could here his pain and expectedly he seemed kind of out of it. I let him know all of you at Team Bio know of the accident. I let him know that Jet, Jersey Jones, Tom Baker, Lisa, Anna F, Fatladysings (I know I’m forgetting someone but I left my list at home) but you get the point Team Bio were thinking of him and praying for him and pulling for him. Steve wasn’t out of it enough to say to me “Thank them all and don’t worry I’ll be there on November 7th.” I don’t know what November 7th is but I’m sure some of you know. I got off the phone with him at that time because he was in to much pain and kind of out of it.

Steve has 2 surgery’s scheduled for next week. One on Monday and one on Wednesday. If I have this right the one they are concerened about the most is on his heel because it is open and not much skin or tissue left there. If there is enough skin they can graft from his “ass” or some place else. If I have this right, if there isn’t enough tissue they might have to open his chest to get muscle and tissue. I’ll get that more clarified for you later.

I haven’t really had a chance to ask Stephanie if there is any needs yet because there hasn’t really seemed a good opportunity to ask her yet because of everything going on. I for one thank all of you for even offering but I just don’t know yet.

Jet, I’m emailing you this because I didn’t just want to post it in a forum on the blog. If you don’t mind I’ll keep you updated and if you could pass it on. I’m not all that computer literate to figure things out like Steve. I’m better at most things then Steve, lol, but not computers and patience. And, I’m also not the best at correct English or spelling (as most know at TeamBio, lol but true) so free to edit or re-write.

Jet, thanx again for everything and we will take care of him. It’s tough now but I know my little brother and he’ll come back bigger, stronger and smarter over time.

Take care and I’ll keep updates coming.

-Emmet

P.S. If the picture I try to insert actually comes over it was taken by my sister last night at my request. I didn’t realize until this morning that Steve was giving me the finger, lol.
    ______________________________________________

Jet, has the picture and I don’t know how to post it. If I could I would. I don’t think he’d mind but I’ll leave it up to Jet. I’m a picture junkie (photographer morpadite).

I’ll keep y’all posted.

17. By emmet on Jul 12, 2008 | Reply

Damn, it’s hear not here!

Oh, and every time I post here I have to use a calculator now or call my wife for what the “sum” equals!

Thanx, everyone…It’s hard for me not being there with, I call him Stephen but Steve. God, I hate motorcyles!

18. By Dusty on Jul 12, 2008 | Reply

Thank You Emmet!!!! I had no idea you were so far away from Steve, so you know how many of us feel that don’t live in his vicinity.

I for one really appreciate you taking the time to update us. :) Your a peach Emmet, and I can’t thank you enough for keeping us in the loop.

19. By Jersey McJones on Jul 12, 2008 | Reply

I wish I could be up there. I’ve known Steve since he was a teenager. He’s a close friend of my little brother’s. He’s family to my family. Tough, smart, funny, cool guy. We partied together, fought together, you name it. I’m sure he’ll make it through this okay.

Emmet, thanks a million for the info - sorry, by the way, apparently I mistook you for Brendan yesterday.

And man do I hear ya’ about motorcycles! I hate those *&^%^$%$#$#@#@! things!!!

JMJ

20. By Jersey McJones on Jul 13, 2008 | Reply

Does anyone know if it would be okay for me to give Steve a phone call yet?

Thanks, JMJ

21. By Ditto on Jul 13, 2008 | Reply

SteveO

Hang tough and get well soon, brother.

Kenton

22. By emmet on Jul 13, 2008 | Reply

Jersey,

Steve doesn’t have a phone in his room. Stephanie and him, Steve don’t have a cell phone. If you want give me a call tomorrow (I have your number at work) or I’ll call you. My brother Brendan has been there most of the last two days. I’ll give you his number and when he is there you can talk with him.

Last I heard tonight is he had a pretty good day compared to the first two days thank god. I believe he is still scheduled for surgery tomorrow. I will keep y’all updated tomorrow.

Hugs and kisses,
    Mr. Conservative Emmet

23. By emmet on Jul 13, 2008 | Reply

Jersey,

What I meant is if Brendan is in the room you can call Brendan’s cell phone and talk with Steve.

24. By emmet on Jul 14, 2008 | Reply

Hello All,

Steve had surgery this morning from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. to re-attached his heel plate. All seemed to go well. No infections thus far. He’ll have surgery later this week to see if it worked. He is in recovery right now. I’ll updated later. Have a good day.

-Emmet

25. By Dusty on Jul 14, 2008 | Reply

Thank You Emmet, thank you SO much for these updates. I take back all the nasty things I have ever said about you dear man. ;)

ok, wait….most of em. :lol:

26. By steve on Jul 14, 2008 | Reply

Thanks Emmet

27. By emmet on Jul 14, 2008 | Reply

Your welcome Dusty for the updates Dusty. I never took anything as nasty from anyone here at BIO! I actually stopped coming to BIO! out of respect for Steve because I knew I was a conflict of interest for him (being his brother). I never hated or disliked anyone here. I actually had a lot of fun here (sometimes to much fun). I just had to seperate myself from here for Steve’s sanity and it wasn’t easy. I love jabbing people for fun. Anyways, I know Steve has a good relationship with a lot of people here and vis versa. Well, you have a good evening. I am passing info on to steve from y’all here. Bye for now.

28. By Chris Radulich on Jul 14, 2008 | Reply

Glad to hear he is making progress. May the rest go as well.

29. By Lisa on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Thank you for the updates. I bet his dogs miss him.