Kucinich Article of Impeachment to be read on the House Floor today.

July 15th, 2008 | by Dusty |

From a Kucinich email I got this morning:

This afternoon, at approximately 5 p.m. (EDT), the Clerk of the House of Representatives will give the first reading of the Article of Impeachment of President George Bush. Article One charges the President with deceiving Congress with fabricated threats of Iraq WMDs to fraudulently obtain support for an authorization of the use of military force against Iraq.

Once the Clerk reads the bill, I will move to refer the bill to the Judiciary Committee for hearings. I believe the American people have a right to an open airing of the charges against this President. Did he or did he not lie to take us into a war? I believe the evidence is overwhelming that President Bush knew that Iraq was not an imminent threat, was not in possession of WMDs at the time, and had nothing to do with 911 or with al Queda’s role in 911. And yet, despite having facts to the contrary, he took the U.S. into war with devastating consequences for our troops, our nation, and the people of Iraq. Congress must hold hearings.

It’s a little bit of history we can all watch unfold. I hope all of you will watch it on Cspan.

Crossposted at Sirens Chronicles.

1. 24 Responses to “Kucinich Article of Impeachment to be read on the House Floor today.”

2. By rube cretin on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

thanks Dusty,
    I’m tuned in to cspan now. go to the following link for a very interesting article on this subject.

3. By Dusty on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

Finally, they get to it Rube, 45 minutes late.

That was a highly entertaining article you linked to..thanks! ;)

4. By rube cretin on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

Tell me, I forget
    Show me, I may remember
    Involve me, I understand
    - Confucius

5. By Dusty on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

Great quote Rube..thank you.

No one is there to vote on the resolution..except for a small handful of dems and a dozen rethugs.

6. By Dusty on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

Rube, ONE RETHUG has voted for the resolution to move forward..color me surprised!

7. By rube cretin on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

dusty,
    cheer up, worse days ahead.

8. By Dusty on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

Well, the final vote saw the resolution pass, with 7 Repubs voting to forward the article to the House Judiciary Committee. One Democrat voted no.

9. By steve on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

Y’all act like Bush got a blow job in the Oval Office…

We needed to attack Iraq.

It is shameful that this little Leprechaun is getting his way after crying for so many years. Then again, he is married to a hot red head.

10. By Dusty on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

Whats shameful is Bush and your callous disregard for the rule of law steve.

If we needed to attack Iraq, didn’t we also need to attack Sudan? Oh wait..their oil already goes to China..who owns our ass.

11. By steve on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

What law did Bush break? Where is the proof of deception?

Didn’t they find a shitload of yellow cake in Iraq in 2005

What about in 2003?

What about moving the stuff out a week or so ago?

WTF was Saddam gonna do with this yellow cake Dusty? And don’t give me any bullshit that this doesn’t exist.

Kucinich is just a little cry baby that got his ass kicked in school growing up. He is a small minded man with grudge. That is it, nothing else. And if he has all the answers, why is Barack Obama the Democratic Candidate for President?

12. By rube cretin on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

steve,
    “There is nothing worse than imagination without taste”. Goethe

13. By steve on Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

Rube:

“Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago.” — Bernard Berenson

14. By rube cretin on Jul 16, 2008 | Reply

Steve,
    Wrong again. “consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.” Oscar Wilde

15. By Lazarus Long on Jul 16, 2008 | Reply

Okay, let’s go!
    President Cheney!!!!
    Or do you just plan to stage a coup to take care of that small detail?

16. By rube cretin on Jul 16, 2008 | Reply

No, i think the plan might be to take no action until after the next president takes office. We already know based on the Libby thing that pardons are already prepared for any subjected to real justice. Hell its almost over and if we are lucky enough to make it through the next 6 months perhaps things can then be done to bring some of these folks to justice. Unfortunately, we are going to be in such a serious recession by that time or additional resource wars anything done will probably be meaningless. Please read the link in my first comment above on other activities taking place. this is the area where real fear is apparently taking place. With the supreme court we currently have it is doubtful we will ever get justice here in America, however there are some organizations at the international level where the matter might be adjudicated.

17. By Dusty on Jul 16, 2008 | Reply

I don’t plan on doing shit L.L.I am not an elected House of Representative member.Conyers just wants a discussion, no way he will act on the article of impeachment he has said.

18. By Dusty on Jul 16, 2008 | Reply

I would hope that Obama would at least investigate the actions of our current Wingnut-in-Chief if and when he gets into office Rube.

Phil Gramm must be shitting down both legs over the Dow’s drop lately..friggin whiner. ;)

19. By Lazarus Long on Jul 16, 2008 | Reply

Dusty:
    So, mon cher, your telling me all this activity in the House is just to make someone feel good? I can think of better ways.

20. By steve on Jul 16, 2008 | Reply

How can my quote be wrong Rube? I didn’t write it. I just cut and pasted it like you do to look all cute and smart.

21. By Dusty on Jul 16, 2008 | Reply

L.L…I think they, the Spineless wing of the elected Dems, are merely humoring Kucinich and all of us that want to see serious hearings on high crimes and misdemeanors.

Yes, its a waste of their time and our tax monies. But it wouldn’t hurt to see The Judiciary Committee hearing live and in living color on Cspan.

Steve..your are attempting to look all cute and smart? Well fuck me running..I have seen it all now. ;)

22. By Lazarus Long on Jul 17, 2008 | Reply

Dusty:
    A waste of money? Never. Watching the Lodge in session is the best entertainment on the idiot box these days.

23. By Dusty on Jul 17, 2008 | Reply

You watch Cspan L.L? Mercy me, I thought only leftwing nutjobs sat and watched Cspan. ;)

24. By Lazarus Long on Jul 17, 2008 | Reply

Dusty;
    CSPAN is a good companion to a George Carlin routine. You watchgGeorge bitch about the government, then you watch the government justify his bitching. Almost like perpetual motion.
    Besides, it’s the most expensive pay-per-view in history, might as well tune in.

25. By Dusty on Jul 17, 2008 | Reply

I am watching Cspan now. House Judicial Committee is raking Ashcroft over the coals on torture.