Mos Def tells us who the terrorists really are.

July 22nd, 2008 | by Dusty |

A hug and a hat tip to Karen Zipdrive for turning me on to this video. Love ya woman!

1. 17 Responses to “Mos Def tells us who the terrorists really are.”

2. By mr bigstuff on Jul 22, 2008 | Reply

way to work dusty. is this tune on a cd that i can buy somewhere today?

3. By Dusty on Jul 22, 2008 | Reply

It probably is Mr Big..you could google it or go to Amazon dot com and I am sure they will be able to tell you what it will be on cd-wise. ;)

4. By mr bigstuff on Jul 22, 2008 | Reply

mos def doesnt even have a website i can find. do i need to get help from w and mcsame with these damn internets?

5. By Dusty on Jul 22, 2008 | Reply

Didn’t Karen give you the name of the song? Amazon.com will be selling it..they sell everything. ;)

I will see if I can find it for you gratis on the internets ok?

6. By Lisa on Jul 23, 2008 | Reply

I guess Mos Def likes Bush because I hear the word “Nigga” is a term of endearnment.
    So it’s acceptable to call someone a Nigga? Or it’s only acceptable for Mos Def.
    He should take a lesson from Bill Cosby.

7. By Dusty on Jul 23, 2008 | Reply

Sounds like Mos Def was attending the Reverend Wright’s Sermons or visiting the DU or the Daily KOS.–I think it sounds like he pays attention Lisa.

Its only a term of endearment if you use it on someone you love..in this case, since its over your head it seems..no, its not a term of endearment.

Bill Cosby ain’t got nothing on Mos Def. But feel free to listen to him yourself um kay? :lol:

8. By Lisa on Jul 23, 2008 | Reply

I heard it and it and he sounds like a thug.
    Throwing the N word around and Mutha Fucka.

9. By Dusty on Jul 23, 2008 | Reply

Thanks for stereo-typing him Lisa.

I use the word Mutha Fucka all the time in my writings and when I rant..guess that makes me a thug too?

You just hate that he can say that word and you can’t. Get over it.

10. By Lisa on Jul 23, 2008 | Reply

I wouldn’t want to say it. It sounds just as disgusting when he says it as when anyone else does.I take offense to it if I hear it,not because I can’t say it either.He may as well call Bush a whoer.
    Actually he needs to get over it.
    Glad Mos Def is enjoying his capitalism.And where is the proof that Bush took down the towers anyway? Did he try to take them down in 1993 too.

11. By Dusty on Jul 23, 2008 | Reply

He needs to get over what? That Bush has fucked America six ways from Sunday? Please..the man obviously pays attention to the bullshittery committed by BushCo..yet you give him no credit for being intelligent, you call him a thug.

There is more to that video than the 9/11 conspiracy, but even on that level..would you really expect a black man to take Bush’s side on any issue?

As someone who is very skeptical of the 9/11 conspiracy folks..I understand your feelings on that issue..but his vidoe encompasses far more than that issue Lisa.

Lisa, think of the word Nigga as the equivalent of poor white trash..ok? Its not a word your going to use on everyone..just those that deserve it..and yes, white trash can also be a term of endearment..its all in the context girlfriend. ;)

You get so worked up over things that really don’t mean that much. I posted this video because I was actually very impressed with Mos Def and the white boy rapper..what’s his name, Eminem? They are very well informed politically for the younger set.

12. By mr bigstuff on Jul 23, 2008 | Reply

check out ving rhames as don king explaining motherfucker

the rude pundit discussing how cnn keeps calling anti-obama rednecks in the american idiot corriedor (that would be west by god va., kensucky, tennessee, alascama, and mississippi) the “white working class” wrote: sometimes you just have to plainly state that motherfuckers like to fuck their mothers.

does anyone remember the movie tucker, starring jeff bridges? hollywood is planning a sequel. it will be called “another tucker”.
    ha ha, get it? i made that one up my own damn self.

13. By Dusty on Jul 24, 2008 | Reply

That was a trippy part of the movie Mr Big..

As for Tucker..I sort of vaguely remember it..I don’t get where your going with that however..

14. By Lisa on Jul 24, 2008 | Reply

I think Mos Def and Eminem are very talented,I just don’t like the way he relates his anti-political message to young people by using terms that do nothing but sound repressive. It’s a shame that young black people relate to the term “Nigga” and “Mutha Fucka”.
    A friend of mine had to maove from a school district because her sons were starting to act like a couple of bad asses because of those influences. So to say it doesn’t have an affect is pure denial.

15. By mr bigstuff on Jul 24, 2008 | Reply

alleged jokes are never funny when they have to be explained. the reason for the need to explain the alleged joke usually is the fault of the teller not the tellee. so sorry. another tucker rhymes with mother fucker. get it? hardly anybody does either. i might want to quit telling that one.

16. By Dusty on Jul 24, 2008 | Reply

Lisa, its too bad that the white population were the folks that used that word as a negative word.

The blacks now own that word and frankly, thats a good thing.

Take the word bitch..people call me a bitch as a means to degrade me..but since I call myself a bitch it has no power to degrade me anymore.

17. By Lisa on Jul 24, 2008 | Reply

I guess I can see me calling a good friend a bitch out of endearnment. Good comparison. I guess we can call this one quits now? :)

18. By Dusty on Jul 24, 2008 | Reply

Lisa, its all in the context ok? My father used to call me his little commie-pinko. ;)