What’s going on? 7.24.2008

July 24th, 2008 | by Steve O |

Tired of Jesus hogging up all the food spots, Allah decides to appear on a piece of meat.

South Los Angeles considers a ban on all new fast-food restaurants for one year.

The Arctic Circle holds an estimated 90 billion barrels of undiscovered, technically recoverable oil and 1,670 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, the U.S. Geological Survey said on Wednesday. Can anyone say “land grab?”

Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman goes out on the right-wing ledge and endorses end of day’s pastor John Hagee.

One newspapers mistakes is another newspapers news,

The $9,500 Periodic Coffee Table which contains all of the elements, even the dangerous ones.

All Kids Have Rights. I should know, I used to be one. The U.S. is one of only two countries which have refused to ratify The United Nations’ Rights of the Child. Have fun wrestling and nooging each other over who the other country might be.

1. 9 Responses to “What’s going on? 7.24.2008”

2. By Jet Netwal on Jul 24, 2008 | Reply

Somalia! Our new BFF!

3. By Jersey McJones on Jul 24, 2008 | Reply

SteveO!!! Hey man - how ya’ holdin’ up???

JMJ

4. By Steve O on Jul 24, 2008 | Reply

JMJ, hanging in there by rods and pins right now. Two more surgeries to go and the Docs think I might be able to hobble out of here but they say I’m not out of the woods. There is always a possibility that what they have done will not take and I will still end up losing my foot. At least they have been up front about it.

Good thing that it is my left foot because I’m righty and will still be able to shove it up right wing asses :-)

5. By Dusty on Jul 24, 2008 | Reply

Good thing that it is my left foot because I’m righty and will still be able to shove it up right wing asses-lol..thats the SteveO I know and love! ;)

6. By Jersey McJones on Jul 24, 2008 | Reply

Good man, Steve. Hang in there. You’ll be okay. I have a good close biker buddy up in Sussex county who suffered a very similar accident. He’s doing fine now. He’s got a great little place up in the country with a lake and trails and the whole spandango. Great place for rehabbing. Let me know if you’re ever interested. One call and you’re in. He’s good smart company too.

JMJ

7. By Craig R. Harmon on Jul 25, 2008 | Reply

Something else is going on: scientists are zeroing in on the cause of so-called northern and southern lights. Although understanding them won’t make them any more beautiful.

Perhaps the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen was the swirling dance of varicolored light across the Canada sky one Summer night out in the country. It went on for hours. It was mesmerizing!

8. By Craig R. Harmon on Jul 25, 2008 | Reply

Please don’t tell my wife I said that… ;-)

9. By Craig R. Harmon on Jul 25, 2008 | Reply

Dull news day so perhaps time to point out a typical “Boy Bites Dog” story.

10. By Craig R. Harmon on Jul 25, 2008 | Reply

Call it “the universal right of Children to bite dogs”, just don’t tell PETA.