Sarah Palin ABC Interview with Charlie Gibson (Part 1 of 3)

September 12th, 2008 | by Steve O |

Here’s a question, why did Sarah Palin break the agreement of no politics on 9/11 that McCain and Obama had brokered?

When watching this video please try to refrain from reaching out, ripping off Sarah’s shoe and beating her with it. I cannot find 2 or 3 of the interview but I believe this is more than enough torture.

1. 13 Responses to “Sarah Palin ABC Interview with Charlie Gibson (Part 1 of 3)”

2. By Tom Harper on Sep 12, 2008 | Reply

Just what I suspected. Take away her teleprompter and her scripted soundbites and she just dangles there, twisting in the wind.

Her answers about whether she supports the Bush Doctrine, whether we have the right to conduct military raids inside Pakistan, whether we should back up an Israeli attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities — she sounded like a sheepish high school student trying to ad lib an answer and cover up the fact that she didn’t read the assigned chapter the night before.

To paraphrase what Matt Damon was saying in that video, if she starts sputtering and hemming and hawing in front of Putin or any other world leader, we’re toast.

3. By Paul Watson on Sep 12, 2008 | Reply

Just a comment/joke from the other side of the pond on one of our topical comedy programmes:

“Sarah Palin thinks there is no such thing as man-made climate change. Even George Bush thinks climate change is down to us now. How bad do you have to be to make George Bush look informed on the subject of climate change?”

4. By Cranky Liberal on Sep 12, 2008 | Reply

Hey Paul - I think I wrote that :)

5. By Steve O on Sep 12, 2008 | Reply

That settles it, I want to see this woman on “Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader”

What a fucktard to the 10th degree.

6. By Lisa on Sep 12, 2008 | Reply

Sounded like an interrogation rather than an interview,something I am sure Gibson wouldn’t do the all knowing democratic “Presidential” candidate.

7. By Lisa on Sep 12, 2008 | Reply

You know I found this interview with Gibson/Obama and Obama doesn’t sound any more informed or knowledgeable than Palin. Note he was he was traveling in the middle east cramming for his presidency.

8. By Craig R. Harmon on Sep 12, 2008 | Reply

ABC is releasing parts of the interview in pieces, that’s why the other two parts aren’t available yet. Not a good start for Palin. Although some folks at Politico seem to think she held her own. I don’t know. Sounded to me like she was on the wrong network, like she was interviewing for “Dancing for the Stars” rather than interviewing for a job as vice-president before the American people. Just my impression.

9. By Windspike on Sep 12, 2008 | Reply

chutzpah, hubris, scattered are all words that come to mind as I listen to this.

P.S. Lisa, Obama is not running against Palin. Why do you bring him up? Do you have any rational for your claim or are you wanting us to trust you that you are right?

10. By Lisa on Sep 12, 2008 | Reply

Lisa, Obama is not running against Palin

Well WS it’s about time one of you finally admitted it.

You desparation has become so obvious. Keep up the good work.

Maybe you might want to check out a couple of Obama’s friends and associations: Just for fun anyway.

Penny Pitzken,Jamal Said,Raila Odinga,Khalid Al-Mansour,Tony Rezko,Woods Foundation

Change we can believe in.

11. By Chris Radulich on Sep 12, 2008 | Reply

Not sure what the difference is between an interview and an interrogation. However, assuming it is not a puff piece I would hope all reporters were interrogating their subjects.

12. By Chris Radulich on Sep 12, 2008 | Reply

Lisa your youtube post contradicts your first post

13. By Lisa on Sep 12, 2008 | Reply

Lisa your youtube post contradicts your first post

I agree Chris. I realized that after I found it so I used the “Lack of Foreign policy” angle instead.

1. 1 Trackback(s)

2. Sep 12, 2008: Bring It On! » Blog Archive » Sarah Palin: Not Ready For Prime Time