Note To All You Cocksure Republicans - The Bounce Is Gone.

September 17th, 2008 | by Cranky Liberal |

This does my heart good because certain people who frequent here have just extollllllllleeeddddd the polls with John McCain in the lead. Oh look how Palin is adding to the ticket. Oh look how McCain is making his run because he was a POW.  Blah blah fucking blah.

Gone. See ya.  Bye Bye. Adios Mother Fucker. That bounce has met with gravity, and like most scientific concepts, that favors us reality based people. ( Editors note: that’s Democrats in case you’re the kind of person who can’t walk and chew gum at the same time or voted for Bush2 in 2000-2004).

The latest polls show Obama ahead in 3 of the 4 major polls conducted since the 13 and the one he is behind in - Rasmussen it’s a point.  The Gallop number that was (falsely) +10 for McCain two weeks ago? Yeah that’s +2 Obama now.

Now I do not dare claim that these won’t change or that McCain won’t sputter back a bit in some of these polls. He probably will. I just don’t want to hear any more about how ‘merica is jumping ship to your side. We aren’t. You had your chance to put some distance between your candidate and Obama and didn’t take it. Sucks to be you.

Next Friday is the first debate. I can’t wait to watch it. I wonder if John McCain invented the teleprompter too?

1. 18 Responses to “Note To All You Cocksure Republicans - The Bounce Is Gone.”

2. By steve on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

Bounce

3. By Cranky Liberal on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

Umm yeah like that’s relevant. Nice try Steve - way to stay ON TOPIC.

4. By steve on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

It has everything to do with the topic. A large Hillary supporter going to McCain’s side… C’mon!!!

5. By Windspike on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

What’s the self serving interest of this woman who now supports McCain? If you follow the money you will find the answer, young jedi. This woman has a lot to lose if Obama gives her tax cut to the middle class. She’s just gotten sopped up by the propaganda. McSame and Palin have a lot of people similarly fooled.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice….well, can’t get fooled again.

6. By Dusty on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

She is a Rethug plant…they aren’t above that kinda shit ya know.

7. By steve on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

Better hope the Obama’s teleprompter is working.

8. By Craig R. Harmon on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

Does my heart good too. Not that the bounce is gone but that the race is so close.

By the way, as one of those who was talking about the polls, I was never cock-sure, in the sense that what the polls were saying this far out meant that McCain would win. He was never out that far ahead except in one race that showed him 10 points ahead with likely voters. That was an outlier. I was just sharing my amazement at McCain being ahead of Obama. I really never expected to see that. I expected Obama to be ahead all the way to the election and that he would then be elected.

I always find it interesting and exciting when the election is a close race like this one has been. It’s definitely been an entertaining race, whoever gets elected.

9. By Lisa on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

And who is the left wing guy asking the questions again? Anyway watch how gentle Obama gets handled and how they let him get the last word.
    And also watch how fast they cut McCain off and let Obama drag on his answers like he’s giving another speech.

10. By steve on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

this off topic bullshit has got to stop with you authors…

You have only one topic:

“We hate Republicans”

11. By Megan on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

Steve, you have hate enough for all of us.

There is definitely a shift, very encouraging indeed. We should have figured that when the Trash Ticket could no longer keep the conversation on eye glasses and hair styles, and shooting moose, and POW, and elect McCain because he can’t tie his own shoes….that more people would say “oh yeah…electing a President! McCain/Palin have had some measure of success in being an odd sit-com we watch and giggle at, but President and Vice President, not so much.”

12. By steve on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

Dude… Megan,

I have been coming here for years. No one hates me and I hate no one. All the love these people showed me when my son was born two years ago showed…

But isn’t okay that I fight for what i believe in? I see a blog that I think has got it wrong. What would this blog be like we all sat around and played grab ass agreeing with each post. What would BIO do without people like Manapp or Craig or Lisa coming here everyday and having an opinion that challenges the norm? You’d all be a bunch of elitist pricks like Kos without us.

Fuck Kos… this is BIO.

13. By Lisa on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

“Hate” is just another label Steve.
    We are the party of hate like they need any help from us.:)

14. By Cranky Liberal on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

You showed an endorsement from a Rothschild unde the heading bounce. It had nothing to do with the polls. It had nothing to do with the topic of the post convention surge you guys liked to talk about. It was off topic. Interesting maybe, but not “Bounce”

15. By Cranky Liberal on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

And no shes a rich Hillary supporter. She isnt a large one if shes voting for McCain.

16. By Chris Radulich on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

Normally I’m not much on hate. However having watched the republicans destroy the country in the last 8 years. Having seen that it really started with Reagan and the destruction of this country being the underpinning of the republican party. Yes I do hate.

17. By Lisa on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

Yep should have kept Carter in there.

18. By Chris Radulich on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

Glad you agree that reagan was a disaster

19. By Lisa on Sep 17, 2008 | Reply

No Carter was the disater thank you very much. hank God we were able to hold back the looney left until now.