McCain = Bush: Is That Offensive?

September 22nd, 2008 | by Windspike |

Good question - For those of you that voted for Bush - twice - is it bad that McCain is the same? Why was this 61 year old library ushered off the property?

1. 6 Responses to “McCain = Bush: Is That Offensive?”

2. By Lisa on Sep 22, 2008 | Reply

It’s town hall meeting not a protest. Dom you think if Obama was speaking they would let someone in carrying a sign saying Obama=Carter or Obama=Che Guevara?
    I bet not. Heck they even removed 2 Muslim women from the front row wearing head scarves.

3. By Windspike on Sep 22, 2008 | Reply

Smoking the GOP Crack Pipe again? If Obama = Carter, I would hoist her up to the front of the line. Che Guevara was a murderer, no? I don’t think you have equivalent examples here.

What’s so wrong to say that McCain = Bush. Aren’t both these men shining examples of the superb leadership of the GOP?

What’s offensive about the sign. It’s a public place and the sign was a simple statement. The fact that you find it offensive and a protest statement is a sad state of affairs for your party and indicative of the social stain that is the GOP. You can’t even acknowledge that George W. Bush is one of your own now can you?

4. By Lisa on Sep 22, 2008 | Reply

So because Carter was a “nice guy” he gets a free pass on the highest unemployment and highest inflation. Boy WS you’re too easy.
    That sign wasn’t meant to be offensive? Try again WS.
    I don’t agree that McCain=Bush.805 of congress voted with Bush on many issues.
    Okay Obama=Castro,he’s you’re hero isnt he?

5. By Lisa on Sep 22, 2008 | Reply

I meant 80% not 805 forgot to shift.

6. By Craig R. Harmon on Sep 23, 2008 | Reply

No. I don’t think that McCain=Bush is offensive. I don’t think it’s accurate but it is an expression of political opinion and a matter of first amendment right. Unfortunately, I find that neither candidate, McCain or Obama, are particularly strong friends of the first amendment free speech rights of their fellow Americans: McCain for the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act that has already been used to keep political ads from being aired and Obama for his repeated attempts to have the Justice Department investigate and prosecute groups putting out anti-Obama ads. I wouldn’t be surprised to find either one proposing a modern day Seditions Act to prosecute anyone saying anything demeaning about them. They’re both shameful on the issue.

A pox on them both!

Lisa,

Obama=Che, Obama=Castro? What’re you smokin’?

And what, exactly, IS offensive about McCain=Bush in your opinion? Offensive to whom and why?

Windspike,

No, I don’t think Bush or McCain are shining examples of GOP leadership. I think they are marginally better than their respective opponents but that’s a pretty low bar, in my opinion. So low that I can’t bring myself to vote for McCain this November.

7. By Chris Radulich on Sep 23, 2008 | Reply

Lisa

I gather that you think that Bush II is a disaster then. Do you think that if Bush II approval rating was 80% they would have thrown her out?