McCain, Palin Getting Desperate

October 4th, 2008 | by Cranky Liberal |

When people have their backs against the wall, you tend to see their true colors. Some people rise heroicly to the occasion and inspire people by their behavior. Some people become mean, nasty and brutish. Wanna guess which way “Maverick” and “Winky” are going?

If you said mean and nasty you just won a prize.

In a tactic that would make Karl Rove blush (not not Hillary Clinton I guess) now Sarah “Come Hither” Palin is deserpatly trying to play the “Obama is ‘pals’ with a terrorist” card.

“We see America as the greatest force for good in this world,” Palin said at a fund-raising event in Colorado, adding, “Our opponent though, is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect that he’s palling around with terrorists who would target their own country.”

Pal around? Are you serious? They sat on a few boards together (the Annenberg Foundation for one) to help fix the state of education in Chicago. Wow yeah that’s chummy.  I work with a ton of people I can’t stand. I even eat lunch with them some times…that doesn’t make me chummy. It makes me diplomatic. It makes me professional.  it doesn’t make me their friend. It doesn’t make me their “pal.”

It is not obvious that  Mr. Maverick McWar-Hero and Drill Baby (Drill) know they are losing. They know that running a campaign on issues, ideas and vision is a non-starter because they have no vision, have no new ideas and are the wrong side of the issues. They see Americans starting to wise up and demand solutions not soundbites, and know deep down that they cannot  win that fight. They’ve seen their slim lead disapear into a growing Obama tidal wave. Every major poll has them behind. Ever day pushes them further back.Their only response to America’s problems is to try and destroy Obama’s character.

Disgusting.

We cannot let this stand. We cannot let this kind of vile filth hijack the election. The stakes are too high. The problems are too large. The consequences, are too grave. We cannot allow Palin or McCain to win this way. America has suffered through 8 horrible years of this kind of poisened policits under Bush\Cheney. We cannot afford to four more years.

Remember folks, sometimes Maverick is just another word for asshole.

1. 28 Responses to “McCain, Palin Getting Desperate”

2. By steve on Oct 4, 2008 | Reply

I guess Obama shouldn’t have associated with known terrorists then… But this is old news that has been around since Obama ran for Senate.

Of course, if Obama is the better candidate… he will win I guess… right? I guess that means what the definition of “better” actually is.

In reading your post again… I am shocked you aren’t calling it a lie. Perhaps it’s the truth we should just ignore. I haven’t made my decision yet… Personally… I want to know more about this.

3. By Megan on Oct 4, 2008 | Reply

You can have your choice of any respected publication in the nation - everyone has debunked these silly allegations. They do not have a friendship, they are not close and every informed person knows this. The idea that anyone still has to find the truth of it is odd to me. Even the McTrash ticket knows that; they just want mud, all the mud they can manufacture. Like 5 year olds they don’t approach something with logic, they scream, pick something up and throw it at someone. It’s really quite a disgusting, and fear mongering thing to say. I speak very truthfully when I say it made me physically ill to read Palin’s comments. Again, anyone with a few brain cells left knows it’s not true but it’s the ability to say something like that — that is what I am talking about. They are horrid people, John McCain and Sarah Palin. Even putting their candidacy aside for a moment, they are simply horrid, despicable people.

4. By admin on Oct 4, 2008 | Reply

So you mean you get to pick everyone you work with Steve? You get to pick everyone you deal with? Must be a very nice life you lead.

Calling them PALS is a lie Steve and the soon to lose Palin\McCain camp are just trotting it out andh oping it works..

Seeingour 6 point lead in the averages I’m thinkign it aint working

5. By steve on Oct 4, 2008 | Reply

Geez… you sound like an overprotective parent who’s kid got taken out of the ball game early by the coach.

This is politics. America needs to know that Obama made the right decisions with all of his years of political and executive experience and all.

6. By admin on Oct 4, 2008 | Reply

I’m glad you brought up experience….here is the fundamental difference between the two campaigns. When they ask either of our guys a question, they understand it, can answer it on topic and have an idea who to fix it….hmm boy does that sound different than Cpt cranky pants and the winmmeister..

And yes steve this is politics… rotten, filthy smear rovian politics that got us to the mess we are in. Maybe that’s good enough for YOUR America, but it’s not good enough for mine.

7. By Chris Radulich on Oct 5, 2008 | Reply

Am I the only one who has friends who have different opions than mine. I even have some deeply republican friends. Then too don’t christians believe in born again. Apparently Ayers is presently a well respected member of his community.

But is does show that the republican party is pretty much bankrupt on ideas. That is why they always run a campaign on fear and hate. If they tried to run on policy they would lose all 50 states.

8. By Olivier on Oct 5, 2008 | Reply

And GW Bush knew the Bin Laden family. What gives?

9. By Lisa on Oct 5, 2008 | Reply

How dare anyone questions Obama’s associations.
    The media can go after Sarah Palin relentlessly
    but won’t even touch anything negative about Obama. You could have taken a tape and made Obama’s gaffe’s spliced it together played it all over the media for 3 weeks like they did to Palin and people would have seen him as much a buffoon as they portrayed Palin as.Perfect example of the media being in the tank for Obama. In our left leaning paper this morning letters to the editor they print a letter from a woman who took offense to Palin talking about Wall Street greed because her husband and son work on Wall Street and put in long hours there yet it didn’t bother anyone when the other hundred people said it? It’s so obvious that anyone who denies it is purposely ignoring it.
    As for his associations only some know already but the media is making sure no one finds out about them of course unless his name was John McCain.
    Nadhami Auchi,Tony Rezko,Rev. Wright,M. Marzook,Farrakhan,Quadaffi ,Odinga(the ethnic cleanser) James Meeks,Rashid Khalid,Penny Pritzker as Tokyo Rosie O’donnell would say
    “GOOGLE IT”

10. By Lisa on Oct 5, 2008 | Reply

Hopefully they will bring up what Acorn is doing:
    Obama is bringing those Chicago Dirty Politics to Ohio. The plan is to round up all the homeless people , load them in to buses and have them vote oh and give them money,and here I thought they were a ligit group,even though they don’t who Obama is and what the issues are.

11. By Paul Watson on Oct 5, 2008 | Reply

Lisa,
    I think that qualifies them to be the Vice-Presidential nominee for the Republicans as Palin certainly doesn’t know the issues.

12. By Chris Radulich on Oct 5, 2008 | Reply

Lisa is also apparently bankrupt on issues. All she ever brings up is minor personal things as if they were the end all and be all. Here is a quiz

Who were the only Vice president adn President to have to resign? Part 2 what party were they?

13. By Lisa on Oct 5, 2008 | Reply

wow one got caught right Chris?

14. By Lisa on Oct 5, 2008 | Reply

Oh Paul you know darn well if the McCain camp were rounding up people to vote under the same circumstances there would be investigations by the democrats.
    Heck they are just looking for a reason to do an investigation,luckily all their lame attempts have done nothing but make them look silly.

15. By Chris Radulich on Oct 5, 2008 | Reply

Wasn’t Palin the one in the debate that said Obama’s campaing spent to much time looking backwards at the Bush administration? Perhaps she just can’t remember her own words.

16. By Lisa on Oct 5, 2008 | Reply

yes she did Chris so why are you looking back?

17. By Lisa on Oct 5, 2008 | Reply

She just had to remind Biden that he wasn’t debating Cheney and that Bush was only in for 3 more months. But having associations with people who are known radicals and America haters sorry but I don’t want someone who woos with a smile yet more than likely has those same views to be President .
    Maybe you do because you have the same views,yes?

18. By Sam on Oct 5, 2008 | Reply

Someone who woos with a smile and yet has associations with people who are known radicals and America haters?

Sarah Palin is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect that she’s been *sleeping with* someone who twice registered his affiliation with the secessionist Alaskan Independence Party, and herself sent video greetings to their convention last Spring telling them to “keep up the good work.”

But that stuff is “an unfortunate and nasty smear campaign.” Omigosh, did she just wink at the camera?

19. By Paul Watson on Oct 6, 2008 | Reply

Now, now, Sam, you know pointing out Republican hypocrisy makes you part of the evil Liberal media. Shame on you. Shame.

20. By Chris Radulich on Oct 6, 2008 | Reply

Lisa

i’ve written to my senators and congresswomen to ask to increase taxes to pay for the war. Have you or are you another one trying to turn America into a third world county by over whelming us with debt.

I served three years in the active army and 9 years in the active reserve. Have you?

I’ve worked on 4 or five political campaigns for both parties. Have You?

You stand up for people( republican party) who’s policy are primarialy responsible for the huge debt we have incurred. Who basically caused the current economic melt down. Who are perfectly willing to let people steal billions in the name of free enterprise while crying about welfare cheats. Who are so befuddled that they think saving 1 billion in earmarks is going erase a 400 billion deficit. Who refuse to compete on their ideas because they know that they would lose on the and so resort to fear and hate.

21. By Chris Radulich on Oct 6, 2008 | Reply

yet another gut decision by the party that is still attempting to turn America into a third world country.

In a rational world, we would have been allowed to pick a shuttle retirement date to be consistent with Ares/Orion availability,” Dr. Griffin wrote. Within the administration, he wrote, “retiring the shuttle is a jihad rather than an engineering and program management decision.”

22. By Lisa on Oct 6, 2008 | Reply

Excuse me Chris are you one of those rich liberals who’s Obama tax increases won’t affect?
    I bet I pay way more tax than you. I live in the 2nd highest taxed state in the country so don’t even go there.Frankly if I could afford to may more I would.
    So McCain is not for earmarks but 1 billion here and 1 billion there is okay with you? Don’t you think that adds up too?
    I guess you are okay with the 800 billion Obama has planned for new spending and increased taxes on business which forces people to close thier doors and raises unemployment rates.?
    When the republicans tried to regulate Fannie and Freddie all they got from democrats was they were being racist just like ACORN was used to intimidate banks into giving out bad loans. I am not saying republicans aren’t responsible at all but democrats are just as guilty so when you say they aren’t you are just kidding yourself.
    No I didn’t serve in the military although I was in the Naval Corps for 4 years.
    But almost my entire family were military and I also lost a cousin in Nam so I guess you can say I was raised to love this country not bomb it.I bet if my Dad were alive he would be against a president who had ties to people who have been proven to be against this country especially him having been a career military person.
    You actually think because Obama is a democrat he is going to save the country? I think he will make it worse or prolong it like Roosevelt did.
    That’s just my belief and I am entitled to it as you are yours.

23. By Windspike on Oct 6, 2008 | Reply

You got something against rich liberals, Lisa, but there are more Republican elites (which includes Mr. Trophy Husband with Seven Homes Mr. McSame). Why don’t you sling your hate that way too?

24. By Lisa on Oct 6, 2008 | Reply

I have nothing against them but they are the ones always attacking the rich.

25. By Lisa on Oct 6, 2008 | Reply

Oh and doing fund raisers at 28,000 and 10,000 a plate.

26. By Chris Radulich on Oct 6, 2008 | Reply

Actually Lisa I’m retire after 40 years. With investments I make about 35,000 a year. But I can actually face reality. This country can not afford to keep borrowing money. We can not afford to keep acting like little children. You want a military you have to pay for it. You want health care you have to pay for it. You want border security you have to pay for it. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

If you don’t care about this country. If you don’t care about the future. if you don’t care about people. Then by all means look for more tax cuts. Ignore the past and go back to greed is good. I’m 60 and I know that I am going to have some tough time ahead because of the stupidity of the republican revolution. If this continues though the younger crowd will be experiencing times that will make this look like Eden.

27. By Chris Radulich on Oct 6, 2008 | Reply

By the way when I lived on long island (among the highest tax regions for local taxes) with a state income tax and earned over $1200,000 a year I still said that the feds needed to raise not cut taxes. If they had at least not cut the taxes we would be in a much better position now.

28. By Lisa on Oct 7, 2008 | Reply

I live on LI as well.No wonder you were okay then that is pretty good for whenever you were living here.

1. 1 Trackback(s)