Donna Brazile & Sarah Palin: The Truth Is Black & White

October 8th, 2008 | by Daniel DiRito |

It’s easy to get lost in the rampant rhetoric of elections. All too often we forget what the stakes are and just how important it is to vote. We do so at our own peril. The following two videos serve to illuminate the bright line between rhetoric and reality.

In the first video, we garner some insight into the extent of Palin’s hypocrisy and her willingness to ride the political fence for advantage. While Sarah Palin is busy traveling the country attempting to portray Barack Obama’s brief association with former Weatherman, Bill Ayers, as the reason to reject his election, she completely ignores her own suspect affiliations.

She wants us to believe that Barack Obama is a terrorist sympathizer because he sat in the same room with Bill Ayers and served on an education committee with him. At the same time, she completely ignores her endorsement of a man and an organization that is actively seeking the secession of the state of Alaska from the United States…a man whose hatred for his country is every bit as inflammatory as the words of Barack Obama’s former pastor, Jeremiah Wright.

Now take a look at the second video and listen to the impassioned remarks of Donna Brazile as she elucidates the essence of this election absent hateful hyperbole. If Brazile’s utter honesty doesn’t move you, you might want to start looking for your misplaced soul. If you don’t know where to look or can’t be bothered, I know an abrasive Alaskan governor you might want to pal around with.

If you want to know why this elections matter, watch these videos a second time and ask yourself where the truth lies. The evidence is overwhelming. Casting a vote on election day is our opportunity to send a message that the truth still matters. If Sarah Palin wants to reject America when it’s politically expedient, I think it’s only appropriate we return the favor.

Given the choice, I’d much rather take a seat in the back of the bus with Donna Brazile than hitch a ride on the “Straight Talk Express” with the likes of Sarah Palin and John McCain. Come November 5th, I want it to be clear that Donna Brazile can sit anywhere she likes and I want Sarah Palin to know that her brand of rancid rhetoric has no place at the political table.

Sarah Palin’s Pals

Donna Brazile

Cross-posted at Thought Theater

1. 7 Responses to “Donna Brazile & Sarah Palin: The Truth Is Black & White”

2. By Windspike on Oct 8, 2008 | Reply

Every time I watch another video that brings more excoriating (yes, I risk being called an “elitist” by using words those in the GOP have to look up, but that’s why they invented the internets, folks, look it up before you eviscerate me for using strong words) evidence to light, that peels back another layer of the Palin/McSame hypocrisy, I wonder again, that if the selection of Palin as the Veep candidate was really putting “Country First” for McSame

It sure doesn’t look like it from where I type.

3. By Lisa on Oct 8, 2008 | Reply

It’s politics and her I thought they were getting desperate now it’s a racist remark? Man what isn’t racist anymore?
    Obama has nothing to worry about though because he has the biggest defense team around. The media is out out in full force defending him and the same media was out relentlessly attacking Palin and being chauvinistic against her. I saw no one defending her just attacking. So actually Obama has always had the advantage here.
    As for Ms. Brazile where did anyone say Obama didn’t deserve to go to Harvard? And she doesn’t have to worry about going to the back of the bus ever again.As a matter of fact I am sure there are plenty of people who would offer her their seat if she had none.

4. By Windspike on Oct 8, 2008 | Reply

But Lisa, you claim Obama is an elitist for having attended Harvard. It’s the same thing. You just don’t get where your subjective opinion translates to subversiveness.

5. By Lisa on Oct 8, 2008 | Reply

I did?Where did I say that? Find it and I’ll vote for Obama just for you.:)

6. By Windspike on Oct 8, 2008 | Reply

You did claim he was elitist no? Why would you say that?

7. By Independent Mind on Oct 9, 2008 | Reply

When did McCain/Palin suggest that they would roll back laws related to segregation? The only people talking about the race issue are the Democrats and Barack Hussein Obama! Obama and his cronies are the race baiters!

As for the first video, the Alaskan Independence Party is a bona fide political party in Alaska. Unlike the Weathermen, who used violence to promote their views, the AIP is involved in the political process. Vogler died before Todd Palin joined the AIP, so it is a bit difficult to tie Todd with Vogler.

The same cannot be said for Obama, who started his political career in Bill Ayers’ living room. Obama attended Reverend Wright’s church for twenty years and only distanced himself when it was politically expedient. Tony Rezko helped Obama get a house. These are direct connections that Obama has with these dubious characters.

8. By manapp99 on Oct 9, 2008 | Reply

Once again Wind you have your facts wrong. It is not the GOP that has tagged Obama as an elitist, it was Ms. Clinton waaaaaaay back in the primaries.

“Sen. Hillary Clinton, seizing on Sen. Barack Obama’s remarks about the bitterness of working class voters, called her rival in the Democratic presidential primary “elitist” and “out of touch.”

Later in the article she explains further:

“Now, like some of you may have been, I was taken aback by the demeaning remarks Sen. Obama made about people in small town America. Sen. Obama’s remarks are elitist and they are out of touch. They are not reflective of the values and beliefs of Americans. Certainly not the Americans that I know - not the Americans I grew up with, not the Americans I lived with in Arkansas or represent in New York.”

Just a little excoriating evidence peeling back another layer of the Windspike hypocrisy.