This Just In - Truth Unfair to Palin!

October 9th, 2008 | by Liberal Jarhead |

Fox is outraged, outraged they tell us, at Newsweek!  The magazine put Sarah Palin’s face on the cover of the current issue, and the commentators at Fox are incensed because it is totally unfair to Palin.  What’s the complaint?  THE PHOTO IS NOT RETOUCHED!  It shows Sarah Palin’s actual face rather than a cosmetically prettied-up version.  How dare they?

When we have the righties complaining bitterly that it’s unfair to show their candidate’s face accurately rather than retouching it like some movie star or Playmate, we’re really getting into Lalaland… but we knew that was where they live anyway.  They insist, as in the ongoing acquaintanceship-with-Ayers non-issue, on trumpeting negative distortions of their opponents, but get their wittle feewings hurt if their own candidate is not POSITIVELY distorted.  Cue the Twilight Zone music!

1. 9 Responses to “This Just In - Truth Unfair to Palin!”

2. By Dusty on Oct 9, 2008 | Reply

I hear it…the Twilight Zone theme. ;)

Damn rightwing nutjobs have nothing…NOTHING. Attack, and attack and attack some more. Their base loves it. Hopefully, their base gets smaller with each attack ad.

3. By Windspike on Oct 9, 2008 | Reply

Holy Crap. How do we know that Obama’s picture was or was not retouched. Actually we should pettion all media outlets to not retouch any photos. It’s like cheating and putting you guy in front of a whole set of troops dutifully clapping for the speechifying…or posting a Mission Accomplished banner and then cropping it out of future image duplications…

These people are smoking the GOP Propaganda Crack Pipe too long and hard.

Who cares what she looks like. It’s what she says and does that matters more anyway.

4. By Lisa on Oct 9, 2008 | Reply

the media does it all the time to Bush and McCain. They find the worst picture to publish.
    How about this one:

I guess it’s okay because it’s not a “racist” picture only sexist.

I bet if Michelle Obama’s legs were shown like that it would be racist not sexist right?

5. By Windspike on Oct 9, 2008 | Reply

What? Lisa, your point is what?

There in lies the danger of celebrity (which by the way was a bad thing when Obama was considered as such and much heralded as Palin has become one - another point of hypocrisy for the GOP machine). If you can’t handle a real, untouched photo of your candidate, then can you handle the grizzly truth of what we did to the ordinary Iraqis?

6. By Lisa on Oct 9, 2008 | Reply

WS keep drinking the koolaid. I don’t have to defend my position .

The media is in the tank for Obama. You know it,I know it and anyone else with half a brain knows it so don’t even try to convince me or anyone else otherwise.

7. By Paul Merda on Oct 9, 2008 | Reply

Bwaaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa! Lisa you are so fricken funny anymore. I can only believe that you come here to carciature republicans. You can’t possibly believe everything you say… Thanks, for the laugh.

8. By Dusty on Oct 9, 2008 | Reply

Paranoid much Lisa?

9. By Liberal Jarhead on Oct 9, 2008 | Reply

Aw, Paul, you let the secret out - you’re right, Lisa is not a real person, she’s a caricature designed to make dittoheads look even stupider and more out of touch with reality than anyone could actually be in real life. She’s actually a parody, like the Yes Men, taking neocon positions to their logical extremes to show how totally goofy and yet still malicious and evil they truly are.

10. By Lisa on Oct 12, 2008 | Reply

Right Dusty I see all the networks propping up McCain and defending him. I remember when he was the media actually liked him. My bad.
    I guess I missed that one.
    Obviously you and Paul must agree if the only response you ever have is bwaaaaa or “paranoid much”?
    I can find proof for you if you need it or maybe you can find proof to debunk it.