No On Prop. 8

October 12th, 2008 | by Windspike |

The nutters who have no better use for their cash are ramping up their campaign to trick people into voting yes on California’s Proposition 8. It’s quite simple. If you love some one, who happens to be the same sex, and you decide to get married in a civil ceremony (or a religious one if you like, and they let you), what harm does it do to heterosexual marriage? None.

My marriage will not harm any one else’s marriage. The larger question is what is it about heterosexual marriage that needs protection?

What would it mean to heterosexuals if they were prevented from getting married?

Of course, simply because you disagree doesn’t make your position correct:

1. 7 Responses to “No On Prop. 8”

2. By manapp99 on Oct 12, 2008 | Reply

It is because we love teh gays that we don’t want them to marry.

Some people just can’t see when you are trying to do them a favor.

3. By Paul Watson on Oct 12, 2008 | Reply

manapp,
    If you campaigned to ban heterosexual marriage, I’d take that argument a lot more seriously.

4. By Windspike on Oct 12, 2008 | Reply

Man, I see right through to your heterosexism direct into your homophobia.

5. By manapp99 on Oct 12, 2008 | Reply

Paul, I am on my third marriage, I would be happy to lobby against them.

Wind, I am not afraid of homo. Some of my best friends drink milk.

Marriage. Hooo. God Gawd Yall what is it good for? Absolutely nutin. Say it say it again.

6. By Paul Watson on Oct 13, 2008 | Reply

manapp,
    Ok. Now THAT was funny. Good old Edwin.

7. By virgomonkey on Oct 13, 2008 | Reply

Wind, I am not afraid of homo. Some of my best friends drink milk.

LOL - I loved that.

By the way, whatever happened to that “bastard” guy? Did he abandon this blog?

8. By Liberal Jarhead on Oct 13, 2008 | Reply

I don’t remember who, but someone proposed that after the second marriage, there should be an entertainment tax each time (full disclosure: I’ve been happily married for years, but this is my fourth time.)