Subpoenas, Depositions and A Quick Question

October 23rd, 2008 | by Windspike |

Do you think that McSame thought experience deflecting legal attacks were a necessary criteria for selecting his Veep running mate? Or is it that he couldn’t find some one to run with that had a clean slate and was subpoena proof?

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and her husband will provide depositions Friday to the state Personnel Board, which is looking into whether Palin unfairly fired Alaska’s public safety director this summer, the couple’s attorney told CNN.

If you ask me, it can’t be a good sign when a Veep candidate is being subpoenaed to give a deposition (let alone one that involves her husband). We may not actually discover more on Friday. Even so, do you really want some one in public office that is already distracted and tangled in legal problems?

Incidentally, my spouse this morning, as we had on NPR listening to another speechifying opportunity for McSame, called out to me over my coffee. McSame was stipulating one more time that he was particularly “Proud of Governor Palin,” and happy he selected her as his Veep Candidate. This is the conversation as it occurred

Spouse - That is Offensive!

Me - What?

Spouse - Do you think that any Presidential Candidates in the history of Presidential candidates have ever said that they were “proud” of their Vice President choice?

Me - What, do you think that was sexist?

Spouse - No, it’s just plain offensive and condescending. If she were a man, he would not be saying he was “Proud” of his vice presidential pick.

Me - Well, I think it’s sexist and offensive, but that’s just how the GOP does it’s business

Spouse - No! It’s offensive, and I’m pissed.

Me - Well, I guess we know how you are going to vote….

Question - Is it sexist (which the McSame folks were hooting and hollering about finding not acceptable when they announced their pick), offensive, or both?

1. 8 Responses to “Subpoenas, Depositions and A Quick Question”

2. By Lisa on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

Being proud of your Vice Prsidential pick is not the same as saying I am proud of Ms Palin.
    He is proud of the act of “his pick”.
    Like saying I am proud of my choice of doctor I picked for a particluar treatment.
    Stop spinning WS. Obama has it in the bag so no need for the sexist or racist talk anymore.

3. By Windspike on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

Can I quote you Lisa:

Obama has it in the bag

Nuf said. Vote Obama then. I know what it’s like to vote for the candidate that doesn’t win and it doesn’t feel good. Make yourself feel better - vote Obama. I’m going to.

P.S. I didn’t bring up anything racist here - don’t start. All it does is suggest you are racist.

Thanks for not answering the question one more time, btw. Another fine quality comment that I have come to expect from you Lisa.

4. By Lisa on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

Wasn’t this the question?

And don’t suggest I am racist because I bring it up. We only mention it because the left brings it up so often it’s like we are just mocking you. You are the ones diminishing the definition of racism by calling everything someone says against your star pupil racist.

5. By Windspike on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

Well, Lisa, given that you are generalizing to make a point and paste in the irrelevant term racist, can’t I generalize and suggest you are racist as there are many in the GOP who are?

Two questions to answer in this post, of which, you have addressed neither:

2) Do you think McSame’s saying he’s “Proud” of his Veep choice is sexist, offensive, or both?

Care to actually comment on the questions at hand or are you going to deflect like the rest of the GOP, and you have done historically over your entire time commenting at least here at BIO?

6. By steve on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

1)Do you think it’s good to have a Veep who, before entering office, is already embroiled in a legal tussle? We had Clinton be President with a legal issue nicknamed Whitewatergate

7. By Windspike on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

Steve,

Whitewatergate? Clinton has no bearing on the question or your answer. Deflecting the question is not a response.

As to question 2 - no is not an acceptable answer. You have to select one or justify your answer.

I disagree with you, and that makes me right, no? Sounds like the kind of logic the GOP has martialed to much success for GWB.

8. By Lisa on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

No-because it’s BS- The guy should have fired her brither in law. He’s a hot head and a dangerous guy.

No,no,no. I am sure Palin didn’t think so either. Remeber Republicans don’t need to be protected from something so insignificant. Not big babies like some people we see.

9. By Independent Mind on Oct 24, 2008 | Reply

Not sexist, not offensive, nada. I think picking an experienced governor with a better approval rating than the entire Democrat controlled Congress is something to be proud of! The fact that she’s a hot MILF with brains who knows how to hunt is a plus!