We all love this country. No matter where we live. Or where we come from.

October 23rd, 2008 | by Steve O |

Powerful stuff!!! Better than listening to McCain attack, attack, attack and Palin spend, spend, spend. It’s time to be Americans again.

Black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, young, old, rich, poor, gay, straight, city dwellers, farm dwellers, it doesn’t matter, we’re all together. The men and women from Virginia and all across this country who serve on our battlefields. Some are Democrats, some are Republicans, some are independents. But they fought together, and bled together, and some of them died together under the same flag. They didn’t serve a blue America, or a red America, they served the United States of America. Nobody should forget that.

1. 16 Responses to “We all love this country. No matter where we live. Or where we come from.”

2. By Lisa on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

What makes the McCain campaign attacks negative and the Obama campaign attacks positive?

3. By Steve O on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

Lisa, truthiness would be a good starting point. Read Tom’s post below, I’m tired of hearing McCain point out what Obama can’t do.

How about McCain tell me what he can do instead of cutting my capital gains tax in half. How rich does he think most Americans are?

4. By Lisa on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

That is just a speech with no solutions but to me this is the real Obama: Are you offended by this as well:

5. By manapp99 on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

“I’m tired of hearing McCain point out what Obama can’t do.”

Of course you are. The list is just so long it would make anyone tired.

6. By Steve O on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

Lisa, Let me help you out, that is Reverend Wright, not Obama. I know that black people all look the same to most of you on the right but c’mon, Obama and him looking nothing alike.

Manapp, maverick! Drink.

7. By manapp99 on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

Could have something to do with the media clearly being for Obama and taking care of the negative attacks on McCain for him. Why run negative ads when you have the MSM doing for you for free:

“Study: Coverage of McCain Much More Negative Than That of Obama
    By Howard Kurtz
    Media coverage of John McCain has been heavily unfavorable since the political conventions, more than three times as negative as the portrayal of Barack Obama, a new study says.

Fifty-seven percent of the print and broadcast stories about the Republican nominee were decidedly negative, the Project for Excellence in Journalism says in a report out today, while 14 percent were positive. The McCain campaign has repeatedly complained that the mainstream media are biased toward the senator from Illinois.

Obama’s coverage was more balanced during the six-week period from Sept. 8 through last Thursday, with 36 percent of the stories clearly positive, 35 percent neutral or mixed and 29 percent negative.”

8. By Lisa on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

Um they don’t look the same,they sound the same.
    You can’t discount it that easy SteveO. 20 years,20 years,20 years,20 years.What part of 20 years do you not understand?
    I find it hard to believe his congregation members don’t share his views(see standing ovation in the background and the high fives)
    So would you say Obama’s (cough cough)ex-pastor or should we call him his spiritual adviser is a Uniter or a Divider?
    Amazing how Obama’s so called friends from the neighborhood all love this counbtry as much as he does. You may be fooled by the scripted speeches but I’m not.
    Well thank you for answering my question-none of those things offend you,what a surprise.

9. By Lisa on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

Beat me to it Mann was ging to say the same thing.

10. By Steve O on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

Lisa, I’m not sure you want to go down the spiritual adviser route, look who the fuckers have had in the White House for the last eight years. James Dobson and every other mother fucking KKK preacher you can think of. The same spiritual advisers that McCain tried courting a few months ago.

Manapp, the losing side always cries media bias. I should know, listened to it for the last eight years and you can come up with any report you want. It’s just not true.

While we are on the subject of media bias and have stopped talking about the post do me a favor and go look up who obliterated the Fairness Doctrine.

Hint: it wasn’t a Democrat.

11. By Lisa on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

And we can see how that was to his detriment.

Hey we never said he was a conservative. We didn’t even want him but we had no other option

12. By manapp99 on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

I am not the one “crying media bias” Howard Kurtz of the Washington Post is. He is not making it up either he is writing about a study done by the Project for Excellence in Journalism.

When you say that I can come up with any report I want and it is not true….are you talking about ALL reports no matter what they report on or just reports that you disagree with? Can you point out how this report is flawed?

The fairness doctrine was killed by the GOP and rightfully so. Do you really want government telling the media what they can or cannot report on or talk about? I do not imagine that you will be a proponent of government censorship when the conservatives take back power in the future.

What do you have against freedom of speech?

13. By steve on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

Didn’t Stalin sound like this when he came to power?

Joe the Plumber, shoot up!!

14. By Chris Radulich on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

And John McSame and Palin are uniters when they say that small town America is the true America. That liberals are bad people.

15. By Chris Radulich on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

I watch 2 national news programs a night. I read the local paper and online news. I have yet to see them being unfair. That is unless you count saying what McSame’s policies are. I can see where that would be considered an attack ad. If you have any proof of this bias please post.

16. By Lisa on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

17. By Lisa on Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

I forgot the subject of that last comment was Next Season’s Dancing with the Stars