Stupid Republican Tricks

November 4th, 2008 | by Liberal Jarhead |

Following is the text of a message I sent today to the corporate headquarters of the Village Inn restaurant chain.

At about 2:00 a.m. this morning, my daughter and a friend went after work to your restaurant at 2017 Menaul Blvd. here in Albuquerque.

Their waiter came to the table and asked them whether they supported McCain or Obama in this election.  They told him they were supporting Obama, and the waiter became verbally abusive and made some disparaging comments about “people on welfare” that were apparently directed at my daughter’s friend because he is black.

When their food came out, my daughter noticed that the cook came out of the kitchen, and he and the waiter both stopped their work and appeared to be watching my daughter and her friend closely and laughing as they began eating.  After a moment, my daughter found a substance on her fried eggs - it appeared that someone had blown their nose on the eggs.  Regrettably, she was too tired to think of taking the eggs with the foreign substance with her to serve as evidence in a lawsuit.

She asked to speak with the manager. The manager looked at the mucus-like substance and told her it was charcoal from the grill.  She found that she had lost her appetite, and she and her friend left.  As a final insult, when her friend paid for their meal (if I had been there I would not have paid, but he is apparently more forgiving), the manager took a $20.00 bill from him, put in the register, and closed the cash drawer - her friend had to stop the manager and tell him that he wanted the several dollars worth of change that he was owed.

Our family will never eat at a Village Inn restaurant again.  My daughter is making a report to the Department of Health (I worked for the Health Department for some years and can help her make her report where it will get the attention it deserves.)  We are also contacting the Better Business Bureau and the local print media and TV stations, and we will be telling all our friends and extended family about this event and recommending that they stay away from Village Inn from now on.

This was despicable and un-American behavior by the waiter, the cook, and the manager of this restaurant.  Apparently it is policy at that restaurant to abuse customers to whom the staff feel hostile because of their politics or their race.  You should be ashamed of employing people like that.  Whether you are or not, this is going to cost you business and, I hope, some ugly publicity.

1. 7 Responses to “Stupid Republican Tricks”

2. By Kristian on Nov 4, 2008 | Reply

Send this to CNN. This place should pay for what they did

3. By CousinAvi on Nov 4, 2008 | Reply

The behaviour, if true, is reprehensible.
    And I hate the Romans Republicans as much as anyone, but I don’t see how this gets titled “Republican” Tricks. It was a couple of redneck racist fuckwits doing what those sorts do when faced with rejection and defeat.

4. By Steve O on Nov 4, 2008 | Reply

CousinAvi, unfortunately Republicans are quickly becoming the face of hate, bigotry and racism.

Honestly, I think it has always been there but this election is FINALLY exposing the scumbags.

If I was a conservative I would be truly disgusted that these people are a part of my party but I’m not, thank god.

Hopefully the party will split and leave these hateful little people behind and the real conservative leaders will denounce them and stand up to them instead of rallying them and encouraging this hatred just because they want votes.

5. By Jack on Nov 4, 2008 | Reply

Ruplicans are racist! There are 3 types: 1) Racist, ignorant, uneducated hillybilly fucks 2) Doe-eyed, brainwashed, racist, narrow, evangelical fundamentalist fucks 3) Vicious, cruel, greedy, racist, motherfuckers who would cheat, lie, steal, and murder their own mother to make another $0.40 on the dollar profit. Well, that about covers the Republican party.

6. By Liberal Jarhead on Nov 4, 2008 | Reply

Umm, maybe the reason I said “Republican” in the title was… because the crap began when the waiter demanded to know whether they supported the Republican or the Democrat, then started giving them shit as soon as they said they preferred the Democrat?

If that doesn’t qualify as being about party, how much more party-based would it have to be?

And of course, I know that not every Republican is this kind of hateful idiot. But that’s the party that’s been using the race card to divide and conquer for the last 40 years. Nixon ranted about “niggers and Jews” on the White House tapes; Reagan told stories about imaginary Cadillac-driving welfare queens with a strong implied subtext that they were black; Bush Sr. had Willie Horton; Jesse Helms had his infamous “white hands” campaign ad. This Bush, ironically, has been more representative of America in his staffing choices, but his policies have been more hostile to the poor, the middle class, and minority communities than those of any of his predecessors. The Republicans have been the ones pushing the anti-immigrant movement, And in this election, the McCain-Palin team has relentlessly played the “black man/Arab/secret Moslem not like us real Amurricans” theme shamelessly and relentlessly.

So yes, at this point the Republican party has thoroughly earned a name as a party that institutionalizes bigotry, division, and hate.

7. By hANOVER fIST on Nov 5, 2008 | Reply

Should’ve taken at least a picture with a cellphone…and maybe recorded the manager stating that a “mucous-like substance” was actually “charcoal”?

The restaurant would have at least been closed down due to health violations.

Speaking of “people on welfare”…where the majority of low-income people is non-Black…who do you think are standing in the cheese lines?

Little green men?

No…poor White welfare recipients.

8. By steve on Nov 5, 2008 | Reply

“CousinAvi, unfortunately Republicans are quickly becoming the face of hate, bigotry and racism”

BULLSHIT Steve O.